“I thought average - Husband thought very good”
Review of Sonny's BBQ - CLOSED

Sonny's BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 7, 2013

this was our first time to Sonny's and i truly don't care if we go back. i saw a commerical for it before we went down to Sarasota and thought we should try it. i printed off the menu and thought things looked pretty good. let me state that I'm not a huge BBQ fan but will give it a try if the boys want it. not hard to find - straight down Tamiami and you'll find it on your right side. minimal decorations - pretty plain inside but very friendly staff. my son LOVED the pulled pork, baked beans and mac & cheese. Other son had "pork 3 ways" and found the sliced pork a little dry but the pulled pork and ribs were great. Husband had the super platter with chicken, brisket, ribs and pulled pork and loved it all. I had the chicken breast sandwich with mac & cheese. the sandwich was really good but the mac & cheese was dry. HUGE glasses of lemonade and sweet tea - ones that you really can't finish if your human. LOL actually they were like those 7-11 Big Gulps - that large!! we did have some leftovers because everyone couldn't finish everything they had so we took it home with us. again, not my favorite but the boys really enjoyed it.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

i came in here with my family awhile ago. we were looking forward to a nice bbq meal and instead we got cold left overs. the place was empty and the server got our orders completely wrong. on top of it, we were all served cold food. it's like we got the left overs from lunch time and they didn't bother to make our meals fresh.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We all had ribs and all were meaty, well seasoned and tender. Choice of sauces at the table and a variety of sides. Slaw is a bit on the sweet side...Dad's sweet potato was very good.HUGE drinks...no refills needed. Not over the top rave but good food fairly priced.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The ribs at Sonny's are to die for. I was able to order them with light BBQ sauce but you can add sauce from the table to your liking. Enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Sonny's is a chain, but we have not run into any we have not enjoyed- through out Florida. Always a Friendly Staff. Not a diet restaurant, but they have portion sizes and prices for everyone and huge beverages. The salad bar is great- many choices and not much $ to add on to a meal. I recommend the Pulled Pork or Beef Brisket, Baked Beans-zesty and delicious, Corn bread.