“My rating has slipped a little since last visit...”

Anna Maria Oyster Bar - Cortez
Ranked #4 of 591 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 22, 2013

but still a good place to eat. It took them almost an hour to seat us (party of 8) when all they had to do was push a couple tables together. Manager did comp us some onion straws once we were seated. We were getting ready to leave and go to the Beach House Restaurant on Anna Maria Island when they finally seated us. Food was good and they were having a lobster special ($13.99) so my wife got to have her first whole lobster. Kids food was not so great, but acceptable. Wait staff was very attentive after we finally got seated. Not sure I would go there with a larger party again. Four people and under should be ok.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,489)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is predominantly a fish restaurant

The staff are very attentive, welcoming and efficient at what they do.They provide good service.

There is a wide choice on the menu with a seafood emphasis.

As far as I can tell there are two branches of this family run restaurant in the Bradenton area. It makes a nice refreshing change to visit a restaurant which is not part of a national chain and where the menu is not stereotyped. This restaurant is exceptional and different.

I enjoyed my meal which was well cooked and presented.

There is a nice homely atmosphere about the place which I liked.

Prices were very reasonable and did not break the bank

1  Thank Jennifer259
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Raw oysters are always fresh and very good. They offer a menu with a little bit of everything. Ideal for for a family with a wide variety of taste or people looking for fresh raw oysters.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I always order the oysters but my wife enjoys the various fish dishes!!
Lightly breaded but doesn't hide the natural good taste!

Try the shrimp escargot !! Very tasty!

Service is attentive -- drinks are good!!

Don't expect a fancy restaurant -- just good tasting food!!

Outside patio is dog friendly and a nice addition!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good seafood, good service, good pricing to portion size value ratio. A good local non chain seafood restaurant in the area,.