“What a great serendipitous find!”

Anna Maria Oyster Bar
Ranked #4 of 499 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Golden, Colorado
“What a great serendipitous find!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

So there I was, (in Feb 2013) boot-scooting to Tampa airport from the East coast of FL. I knew I needed to gas up the rental and find something to eat before getting to the airport, and somehow I found this place just a bit off the highway. And wow! It was a weekend so they had 50 cent raw oysters. OMG. I wish I had more time, but a snarfed up more than I care to admit, followed by a slice of a wonderful key lime pie. The staff were so nice, just folksy. I can eat at "shishi" places with the best of anyone, (and do) but this place was so old-school comforting. Like a place you went to as a kid. In fact, I went back a few weeks ago to celebrate my birthday with a colleague when on another busness trip in the area. The staff was just as nice, the oysters were still so fresh, so delightfully briny, and this time we tried the mango pie, in the style of key lime. I didnt know whether to eat it or just roll around in it....it was that good. So when you just want go out with no fuss, this might be just the ticket.

1 Thank jj t

• Slovak first
Fort Worth, Texas
“Dirty, bad food, brusque service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

4 friends in our mid 30s and we were the youngest ones in there by at least 30 years. The place is dirty and the food was pretty dreadful. How can you mess up fresh seafood? They can. The prices are cheap but there's a reason for it. This place is all about get em in and get em out as fast as possible. The clientele is middle-class elderly and they want CHEAP. The service was brusque, bordering on rude. The waiter described the crabcake as "half real crab, half imitation. Lots of breading. Nothing like you'd get in Maryland. Just an average crabcake." OUCH.

I have no idea how they get the ratings they get from the local press. I would never go back.

• Visited March 2013
Anna Maria, Florida
“Great Value - Great Food”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Where else can you get such great value on fresh seafood in and around Anna Maria Island.
We had a fab meal and really enjoyed soaking up the "Salt of the Earth" atmosphere.
Paper towel rolls at each table for napkins :)
KIds eat for the price of their height - be sure to get measured when you arrive.
Very fun and service was excellent!
We would definitely go back - not really a romantic couple place.
Best for value seekers, families and friends.

• Visited January 2013
Bradenton, Florida
“Expected more”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I went for lunch a few days ago, the staff was very friendly the food was middle of the road. Wife had a salmon dish I had their fish and shrimp. We both thought the food was tasty but nothing to get excited about. The prices were very reasonable and we would go back again, I guess our expectations were for something special and while it's ok it's not special. A plus is you probably won't have to wait for a table and the service was prompt.

rochester
“Great meal”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Wanted to leave a review because I was truly impressed by the service. We love the fish fry and we decided to plan a dinner for nine. we had four adults and five kids and even though they don't take reservations, the manager made an exception and got us in at 6:30. The kids get charged a penney per pound on monday so we really made out with five kids.
The food was great! calamari was perfect, fish fry light and delicious, and the lobster bisque is great.
Will be back every time I'm in Bradenton! Great JOB!

1 Thank ajd16