“We have been there several times - food is always great!”

O'Shucks Raw Bar & Grill
Ranked #16 of 591 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My husband and I have eaten at O'shucks several times. Every time, the service was great, and the food was excellent. I have the fish tacos the first time, and loved them. My husband had the hogfish - fried whole hogfish, and it was simply excellent. (I know, because he shared some of it with me.) The next time, I had the fish and chips, and as before my food was really good. My husband had the hogfish, again, and was equally pleased. He also had some raw oysters, and they were great, he said. (I couldn't say - I do not like oysters, at all.)

Every time we have been there, the food was fresh, and very, very good! They should be busier, but I think people are just starting to realize they exist!

1  Thank Bradenton-Gal

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Have passed many times, but never visited until last week. The food was delicious, service very good, we were pleased with our meals. Not sure why it isn't a busier place.

1  Thank Jhgramma
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

The food is pretty good, the beer is cold, and we keep coming back. We have tried a ton of things on the menu, I like the fried shrimp personally. Service ranges from great to lousy depending on who serves you. But we are usually pretty relaxed and not in a hurry so it's ok.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I visited this raw bar based on its (current) #7 rating on TripAdvisor. We had read it was a rustic joint with excellent seafood, so we knew we had to go. We arrived around 6 p.m. and were seated right away. We kept it simple, ordering draft beer (of which there were several to choose from), oysters on the half shell, grouper cheeks, and peel and eat shrimp. Everything was prepared simply, and aside from wishing we had some Old Bay seasoning on our shrimp, it was a delicious meal. The service was excellent...friendly, timely on drink refills, and we were not rushed at any point. If you are wanting fine dining or a romantic evening, this is not the spot for you. We, however, enjoyed O'Shucks and will be back to try their blackened grouper and fried oysters on our next trip!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Our party of four dined recently at O'Shuck's and had a fair meal and a reasonable price. Service was good but we have had better grouper. The portions were rather small and bland and we will more than likely try another restaurant on our next trip to the Bradenton area.

1  Thank ilv2trvl2