“Very tasty food”

Cuisines: Italian
South Florida, Florida
“Very tasty food”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

After a rocky start (we came in behind another couple and the place was busy) we had an enjoyable meal. There was nothing to indicate seating yourself or take out counter and we were left standing there until we finally spoke up. A greeting or some acknowledgement would have been nice, and easy enough as the place is a small restaurant in a strip mall. After the rush calmed down, so did the waitress. The food was delicious. A little on the pricey side, but everything we ate (including dessert) was very tasty. It says on the menu you get Herr's potato chips, and there was a display of different flavors, but we were given plain Lay's. While they were out of some of their advertised pies, the menu had more to choose from than we thought it might. We will probably eat there again.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Traveldanse

Davenport, FL
“Excellent cheesesteaks---wish we lived closer!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We went here on a one-night visit to the area, based on the awesome reviews. They were "right on"---these cheesesteaks were delicious! The cheese is cooked into the meat, but you can really taste it. The waitress let us substitute sweet green peppers for the hot red ones. The service was fast & friendly, & we split a small sundae for dessert. My only regret is that we live too far away to be regular customers. But, when we get back this way, you can bet this will be our first choice!

1 Thank Donnablue625
Sarasota, Florida
“Awesome Steak and Cheese !”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Arrived for dinner party of 3. All ordered 6 inch philly steak and cheese. Best around and would have to say I have not had a better steak and cheese anywhere else. Service was excellent and we will return.

Bradenton, Florida
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I grew up in PA and I have to say that these guys are almost better than the real thing. I have not had a bad meal here. Staff are always friendly even if I have a Steelers shirt on. A+++

Bradenton, Florida
“Best cheese steak since I left Philly area!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Local-looking, compact restaurant, but they have the right flavor and consistancy for a true Philly Cheesesteak! Meat was a tad stringy, but I sort of remember it always was back in the "olden days." Rolls were fresh with that little bit of corn meal falling off onto your plates. This little restaurant has an amazingly long menu -- something for eveyone. I hear the place fills up fast, so I advise a very early lunch. We went at 11:30 and all was fine. I would eat here again for an alternative to fast-food -- a good lunch and a friendly greeting worked welll for us. And the flavor or the standard chese steak brought back fond memories.

• Visited July 2012