“Walked in, got seated, and got our...”
Review of Taste of Tokyo - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taste of Tokyo
Cuisines: Japanese
“Walked in, got seated, and got our...”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Walked in, got seated, and got our drinks. We waited about 20 minutes for the waiter (short and slim spanish guy) to take our orders before we walked out. Service was TERRIBLE. Even the manager walked by us and we were still ignored.

Bradenton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude manager”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

I went there on on Dec 7 2009 and dine with my son. Food is just so so. many other japanese restaurants that i've been to are much better.
The bad part was, when i made payment with my AMEX, the guy said it didn't go through, then i gave him my VISA. Next day, i found on the internet banking, my AMEX was charged the same amount of the bill. Naturally, I called them to clarify.
After my brief explanation, the guy on the phone passed the phone to a lady who's the manager, named Fumi. Instead of listening to my problem, she was talking unstoppably that this is not a problem, commonly happen to tourists who come to her restaurant, she has not even got my money, "You gave me a piece of plastic, I don't have your money, the bank has the money, they are talking between them (the banks) and will settle with us, bla bla bla bla bla"
She interrupted whatever I said, then I said, hey, can you stop talking and start listening to me? I'm the customer and ask you to listen. then she said "You're calling in the business hour and I have many customers here.". Hello! i am one of your customers?? that have paid, that have reasonable evidence that have paid double of what i was charged. She didn't care, she didn't give any solution, she just forced me to believe that at the end of the day, she will only be getting one payment, not double, and seems like it is not her problem.
I asked her so what time can i call her, she said when they're closed. OK, i'll try, but in any outcome, she had failed to give me good impression, RUDE MANAGER I should say. That erased everything good (if any at all) about them. I will give them nasty review.

1 Thank DisappointedCust43
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Horrible wait times for...”
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Horrible wait times for food but if you do get your eat on it's a great sushi place

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 27, 2005

This is not going to be real in depth, but it'll be good. The restuarant might not look like a lot. It is in a plaza and looks a little small. From my days in New Orleans, I can tell you that small holes-in-the-walls are the best. The food is great and exotic. The sushi I got (sake-raw salmon) was great and the salad I got before the entree was very unexpected. It had a ginger dressing with radishes and carrots. Sounds OK, right? The real kicker was the sliced sushi on the salad that added the unique spark for the salad. As far as the entree goes, great. The chicken I got, I'm not sure what it was called, but it was great. It was not overly cooked and the seasoning was just right. I was full about halfway through, but I just couldn't stop eating it. And the inside of the place is just great. The sushi is prepared right in front of you, if you eat at the bar, and you also have a choice to eat off of the shorter tables with the pillows. The decorations on the wall add that Japanese flare too. The pricing was a little high, though. For my wife and I it was about $50 for two entrees and sushi, but it was well worth it. This might not be the best review or the longest, but I think it gets to the point.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member