“Horrible wait times for...”
Review of Taste of Tokyo - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taste of Tokyo
Cuisines: Japanese
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 23, 2007

Horrible wait times for food but if you do get your eat on it's a great sushi place

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
Bradenton
Reviewed July 27, 2005

This is not going to be real in depth, but it'll be good. The restuarant might not look like a lot. It is in a plaza and looks a little small. From my days in New Orleans, I can tell you that small holes-in-the-walls are the best. The food is great and exotic. The sushi I got (sake-raw salmon) was great and the salad I got before the entree was very unexpected. It had a ginger dressing with radishes and carrots. Sounds OK, right? The real kicker was the sliced sushi on the salad that added the unique spark for the salad. As far as the entree goes, great. The chicken I got, I'm not sure what it was called, but it was great. It was not overly cooked and the seasoning was just right. I was full about halfway through, but I just couldn't stop eating it. And the inside of the place is just great. The sushi is prepared right in front of you, if you eat at the bar, and you also have a choice to eat off of the shorter tables with the pillows. The decorations on the wall add that Japanese flare too. The pricing was a little high, though. For my wife and I it was about $50 for two entrees and sushi, but it was well worth it. This might not be the best review or the longest, but I think it gets to the point.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member