“Dining With Friends, Art and Music”

Arts & Eats Restaurant and Gallery
Reserve with OpenTable
Arts & Eats Restaurant and Gallery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 527 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Arts & Eats Restaurant and Gallery, located in the center of the Village of the Arts in Bradenton, Florida, features an international menu created by Chef Jim Copening, and broken dish mosaics and jewelry by Donna Slawsky. Dine on the enclosed porch or main dining room of the newly remodeled 1920s bungalow, on the front lawn, or in the shaded backyard "park" graced by a huge banyan tree. Donna and Jim have created a colorful restaurant and gallery that is casually elegant with an emphasis on great food, international flavors and lots of love. We also cater events.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My wife and I, along with 4 friends, visited this little gem on a Saturday night. None of us had been here before and we were certainly surprised at what we encountered. The restaurant, art gallery and entertainment area is really small, because they are all in an area not much larger that the living room of a moderately sized house. On this particular night, the "band" consisting of 4 players, a drummer with a full drum kit, a keyboard player, lead guitarist and bass player, was enthusiastic and entertaining, but also overpowering in such a small area. Do not expect to engage in normal dinner conversation over the din of the music, but the atmosphere is very lively, spirited and great fun. The menu was somewhat limited, but everything our party ordered was perfectly prepared, of excellent quality and very flavorful. A number of us ordered the shrimp, asparagus and potato tempura entree, with a spicy chili mayonnaise sauce on the side. It was excellent, with some of the best tasting shrimp I have ever eaten. Others in our party ordered a shrimp entree with a curry sauce, and a moroccan tagine chicken dish, and they were all thoroughly pleased with their selections. The menu also contained some specials, including salmon and grouper, and an assortment of desserts, including rice pudding with pistachios. All-in-all a very delightful experience with friendly, attentive service. You can tell that the staff love what they do and they do it very well. Come here for an unusual, fun dining experience which you will probably not be able to duplicate anywhere else.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We were going to the theater in Bradenton and went to the Arts & Eats Restaurant and Gallery. It's a small place and we were seated on the porch. Was an unusually cool evening and we were very chilly. It was open mike night and we couldn't see any of the entertainment from where we were sitting. Food was fine. Everyone was very friendly and service fine. It gets great reviews on Trip Advisor so maybe we were just there on an off night.

ArtsandEats, Owner at Arts & Eats Restaurant and Gallery, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for the review. We're always happy to hear from our guests. Next time you visit, if the temperature doesn't suit you, just let us know and we'll either move you or adjust the thermostat. Some people prefer to sit on the porch, a little away from the music. Again, if you want to be in the room with the music, we'd be happy to accommodate you (as long as a table is available). Thanks again for giving us a try. We hope you'll give us another try soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We would never have visited if it were not for TripAdvisor. We live down the road in Sarasota. The reviews were so positive. Arts & Eats lived up to their billing.

My wife enjoyed Moroccan food and I had a nice curry. I travel to India every three months and this was a very good choice. We loved the atmosphere and live music.

Remember this was a Tuesday night. What more can you ask for. Try it, you will like it.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

First off....I am SO remiss in not writing this review weeks ago! Back on Jan 2nd my wife and I came to town on the way to Ft Myers to visit step daughter who is working in the area. I wanted to take her somewhere special so I looked on the Trip Advisor and saw that Arts and Eats was the top rated restaurant in town.

We made a reservation (glad we did because it was very busy!) and walked into a very lively and bustling scene. Our server enthusiastically greeted us and explained their specials for the night. The menu definitely had some most interesting entrees. I ordered the Chicken Tangerin which was WONDERFUL and most flavorable! My step daughter ordered the Thai Shrimp which I also tried and it had some serious kick to it. Overall we all enjoyed our meals.

We all ordered dessert and I must say their Carrot Cake is one of the best and most moist varieties I have had, Its unique in that the icing is on the side and served like a bundt cake. You MUST try it!!

Chef co-owner Jim Copening came by our table and told us such wonderful stories of his life in music and in cooking! He is a most charismatic person and enjoyable to meet and talk to.

THEN...Jim the chef and his partner Donna Slawsky and another musician took to the stage in the restaurant and entertained us with wonderful music from guitar and piano instrumentals to Donna singing wonderful soulful show tunes. It just made the whole night a wonderful experience I know my stepdaughter, wife and I won't forget. Jim is an incredible bass player who has played with many famous musicians in the industry through his career.

If you are traveling down I-75 in Florida you must make an evening stop in the Arts District of Bradenton and have a meal and a special evening at Arts and Eats Restaurant and Gallery. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank Rick C
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our first visit was a resounding success. Great atmosphere, friendly staff, and super food, with music to boot. Owners Jim and Donna are a hoot!