“Enjoyable Lunch”

Arts & Eats Restaurant and Gallery
Reserve with OpenTable
Arts & Eats Restaurant and Gallery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 504 Restaurants in Bradenton
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Arts & Eats Restaurant and Gallery, located in the center of the Village of the Arts in Bradenton, Florida, features an international menu created by Chef Jim Copening, and broken dish mosaics and jewelry by Donna Slawsky. Dine on the enclosed porch or main dining room of the newly remodeled 1920s bungalow, on the front lawn, or in the shaded backyard "park" graced by a huge banyan tree. Donna and Jim have created a colorful restaurant and gallery that is casually elegant with an emphasis on great food, international flavors and lots of love. We also cater events.
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable Lunch”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife & I had a mid-week lunch at Arts & Eats, at the end of the Florida winter tourist season.
The Village of the Arts was very quiet, the street not busy, and the restaurant half empty.
We sat at a very comfortable outdoor table, conversing with some very interesting diners at an adjacent table, awaiting our meals.
We had the chicken tagine and the Indian curry crepes.
Both were very tasty. However, for the prices, a larger serving of chicken in the tagine, and a fuller crepe would have been appreciated.
The small bungalow laid-back atmosphere, the friendliness and efficiency of the staff, and the neighborhood ambiance makes this place a great casual dining stop in Bradenton.
I hear that their desserts are delicious, and the evening live music is a treat.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good, Unique, Fun - We will be back!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Can't say enough good things about our experience. As soon as we walked up it was clear this was a different kind of restaurant. The place is, like many buildings in the area, quite colorful. Entering you are greeted by all types of unique artwork hanging on the walls. That is true of the whole restaurant even the decked out bathroom. We where seated at a comfortable, private table for two in the front room which has large several windows and felt quite airy. Ordered a nice wine and when Chef Jim strolled out to look through a window we had a brief conversation which ended in us just asking him to make us whatever seafood he felt like. His only question with a smile was, hot or not hot? Hot! The shrimp came out a short time later and was excellent. In fact we order more, scallops this time. Also good. About this time we noticed there seem to be a lot of fun going on in the main room and we peaked in. We had heard the music of coarse but didnt realize it was a good ole jam session going on. Just good musicians having fun, informal .. We moved to the main room. The music kept going even when Chef Jim announced he had to take a break from the bass guitar and make an Apple Fritter. The night was capped off by Jim's wife Donna, a delightful lady, singing Ava Maria. And man can she sing! The food was great, fresh and fairly priced as was the wine. We absolutely loved Arts & Eats. In fact we came back the next night during ArtsWalk, a neighborhood event held the first Friday night of every month, and just sat in the cozy back courtyard with a glass of wine and listened to the band.
We will be back. Go!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jay B
Wayzata, Minnesota
“A Great Experience”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We loved it. My wife and I wandered in on a slow night, only a few other customers. We hung around after a great meal to hear some live music. The chef/owner puts out great food, plays a mean bass guitar, and has created a great little spot. Be sure to talk with the owner/chef. Best thing I ever ate - trouffles. We will be back!

1 Thank waltmona
Longboat Key, Florida
“A Big Surprise”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was recently taken to this restaurant for lunch by a friend. I had never heard of it and was somewhat leary since she had not actually been there either.
What a wonderful surprise! It was delightful! The whole environment was fun. whimsical and funky. The food was terrific, very fresh, and the staff was wonderful.
I am so glad my friend took me there and will go back very soon. I can't wait to share with my friends.

shanghai
“Amazing restaurant!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Wow, what a terrific find! Really good food, cooked fresh and tastes fabulous. Please visit this wonderful restaurant, I guarantee you will fall in love the place! Will be visiting often and certainly on my list to bring friends and family.

1 Thank szentmihaly