“Very Nice Course”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Very Nice Course”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Play numerous times a year. First the hierarchy of some local courses: Class B – The Legacy, Waterlefe, River Strand; Class C – River Club, Stoneybrook, Tara Preserve; Class D – Rolling Green, Saranova. Class A would be The Concession which I will never be able to afford. Course is located in a gated community with the layout being somewhat typical Bradenton/Sarasota style that winds through a subdivision. There are more holes without houses than most other courses around. Most of the time you can’t see the next tee box from you green. Haven’t had any real back-ups in many rounds. Driving range is into the water with floater balls. Probably the most difficult course I play. Played there 20 years ago and shot 148. Yes I stunk but I kept an honest score. Water, water everywhere and not a drop I haven’t put a ball into. Probably the best greens of any course I play. Getting the ball into the fairway helps, but if you want to score, you need to put it in a certain part of the fairway. The par 3 15th is just cruel. If you don’t land it on the green, you are in a hazard. Woods long and left, marsh short, and river right. The course is not easy but it is also not hard if you play from your appropriate tees. My 148 was from the tips because “we could”. Staff is nice/attentive. Would definitely recommend this course. Just bring extra balls.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank IYSAYKIWYT

Manchester, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“take spare balls but great day”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Played here several times over several years, this is just my favourate course in the area, always keep an eye on the gators that just lye about. The course is always good condition when I have been, and the staff in the shop and cart girls allways happy to help. Shame its 4000 miles away from home but worth a trip.

Visited October 2012
Orland Park, Illinois
“Fantastic Golf Course”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Challenging but fair corse built around an upscale housing development. The houses don't come into play but lots of water so you need to put your tee shots in the right place. Many memorable holes especially the par 3's. Greens were good but not great. I was told to bring a bucket of balls. I'm a 6 handicap, played from the blue tees and didn't lose a ball. If you're a little eratic you will need a small bucket. Proshop staff a little aloof but who cares, starter friendly and helpful..

Visited March 2013
Bradenton
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Poor design”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Lost 12 golf balls and had my worst score ever. The course was not in very good condition either. I will never go back to play there again.

2 Thank 902LDCollins
Manitoba, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“bring lots of balls”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

we love this golf course and play it every time we visit the area, it is very tough if you don't keep it on the fairway, I lose balls here like crazy but still enjoy the great course and beautiful scenery and wildlife

Visited January 2013