“Had no problems”
Review of Motel 6 Bradenton

Motel 6 Bradenton
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Don't understand the bad reviews. Stayed for a weekend when every hotel was booked and Motel 6 only had two rooms left. Room was clean. Service was friendly and helpful. They are renovating an entire end of the building so there is going to be some disturbance in that area. Saw two little bugs on the sink. This is Florida. I live in this state and I get all kinds of critters come in my house.
We travel with two small dogs. Our room did not smell like wet dogs and everyone that I saw with a dog had them on a leash.
Would be better if they had a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 4, 2012

First let me say that my sister stayed at this motel, not me. But she came from there to my house so I was affected by her stay. She stayed at the motel for two weeks in December while she was moving. All seemed fine - it was an affordable place, she had internet service, etc. - until she got to our home to deliver some things for us to keep for her. First day here she said, "Geez, I'm itching like crazy." Immediately I knew. I said, let me see your back and, sure enough, she was covered in bites. Even though I've read bedbugs don't carry diseases, the thought of them crawling over her during the night and biting up her arms and back is DISGUSTING.

I called the motel and, to their credit, they took action immediately to investigate and, indeed, the report came back active for bedbugs.

In the meantime, she had brought her luggage and bags and what have you into our home. We sprayed everything, cleaned and washed everything in hot water and did what we could to try to keep from spreading them in our home. Bedbugs don't care about cleanliness - they don't live in dirty environments only. They'll take up residence anywhere.

So what did the motel do about it. Not much.

After going back and forth and back and forth with supervisors at the corporate level, they ultimately decided that the cost of lost business by my reviews of bedbugs was preferable to compensating my sister. Remember, she was there 2 weeks - they refunded 2 nights.

It is now Jan. 4 and she is still itching.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank pjdisme
Reviewed February 12, 2011

didn't even feel safe taking a shower in this place. ONE word could sum up this place: FOUL! The place was filthy inside and out, cigarette burns on our sheets in the "Non-Smoking" room that smelled like a bar and reeked of body odor and some other indistinguishable stench. We slept with our clothes on and left as soon as we woke up.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DrJ118
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This motel earns a minus 1 rating. This is the worst motel on the planet! Unsavory types selling drugs in the parking lot. Females are paraded in and out of the filthy, smelly rooms. I had to unpack the entire car since it was cased by a couple of seedy characters as soon as we got in our room. We then needed to call the useless police for the two hours of fighting and screaming in the parking lot, which seems to be the norm in Bradenton by the reaction of the clerk ("Oh, are they fighting again back there?") and from some other reviews here. We checked out in less than 2.5 hours.

Worst still is the treatment we rec'd by the night manager - Patrick Ward - who is the most unprofessional individual I've ever met. He showed no compassion to my hysterical, frightened wife that was requesting a refund which he refused to do. He then proceeded to threaten me, pointing his finger in my face, and stating that we were now disturbing the peace. We filed a complaint with corporate Motel 6 regarding this individual's rude, threatening, unprofessional behavior along with a complaint about his useless bodyguard (which we never saw "patrolling" the grounds until we requested a refund). In retrospect, I believe this is where most episodes of COPS are filmed!!!! Sleep in your car before checking in here...

We will never stay in a Motel 6 again due to this experience nor ever visit the Bradenton Florida area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gwdkey
Reviewed May 13, 2010

A storm caused me to make an emergency overnight stop at this hotel, with my two dogs. I was pleasantly surprised to have the hotel clerk not give me arguments or try to price gouge me, like some of those "better" hotels do. The room was CLEAN* and quiet, and it even had a nice TV in it.

I was able to back up to my room's door, to unload my luggage, which is a HUGE plus, for me.

I forgot one of my bags, in the room, and after I contacted him, the manager sent it to me! The only glitch I had, was connecting with the manager, but I suspect these people are overworked and underpaid for the level of wonderful service I received.

I will stay there again.

*This room was so clean that my allergies had NO problems with it!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2009

This is the dirtiest motel 6 I've ever stayed at. Very unprofessional staff. Dirty sheets and pillows. The room smelled liked wet dog. Also there were dogs running in and out of rooms. Since they started letting animals stay here, thats what it smells like. GROSS There was also alot of young black men and women partying all night.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank libbynesbitt
Reviewed February 21, 2008

we had a lot of issues with the hotel we booked over a month in advance for our friend's wedding. My fiance and I as well as our friend and her now husband drove down to florida with the specific purpose for them to get married in longboat key. Since our first hotel lost our reservations (gave them away) we were forced to look elsewhere. This seemed like the best option in our pricerange, and I thought that at least it was surrounded by other hotels so it's in a populated area.

I seem to have the best opinion of it. our rooms were clean, albiet small and the bathrooms looked newly renovated. The pool was also nice though in the shade.

Despite the giant sign on our building saying wi-fi here, it isn't here unless you pay for it and you can't bum it off nearby motels (our friends tried) I wish we had known at the begining that wi-fi wasn't free but nobody thought to ask because of the sign.

I would also not advise walking to the gas station late at night (one of the guys went and saw some seedy characters) or leaving alone for a walk (driving out is fine) and there are a couple gas stations, resturants, and a walmart very close by.

All in all for the price (65.99 a night) We had a clean room and a nice bathroom which is more than i can say for some of the other places in the area.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tennisgal86