“The FOOD was some of the best Mexican food we have had!”
Review of Los Cabos Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Los Cabos Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 7, 2012

That being said, our trip to Los Cabos was enlightening, as we were used to Hops, one of the previous restaurants that was in that location.

As far as the food went - IT was marvelous! Not only have my husband and I eaten at many places all over the US - including Washington DC, Dallas, Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia, Miami, Seattle, San Diego, and many, many cities in-between. We have both eaten in other countries, and we should know what Mexican food is supposed to taste like - one of our daughters-in-law is from Mexico.

The food was fresh, absolutely delicious, and there was plenty of it. Our waitress was "Miss Sunshine", herself, and could not have been more attentive or friendly. She was great.

That is the good part. For the FOOD, they get a rating of 10 - but, we only have 5 spots from which to choose.

Now, for the downside...the table was stickly, when we sat down, and we had to ask for it to be cleaned. All three of the "monkey dishes" that were brought throughout the course of the meal, had a bit of food slopped over the edge, so it ran down the bottom of the dish. That should have been handled before it left the kitchen - not really the fault of the waitress.

Our flatware was not as spotless as one would expect, in a restaurant, and they do need a few more lights.

None of the above involved dirt, just a lack of attention to detail - especially the sticky table.

Regardless, we WILL go back, as we thought the food was exceptionally good, obviously freshly prepared, and priced quite reasonably. If they get a better handle on the appearance factor, and the condition of the table - they'll rate 5 stars!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Being from Chicago I have eaten in many Mexican restaraunts and like the food, service and atmosphere. The one star review below was obviously written by a competetor because it is one big lie. I find this better than Mr. Tequilla's though I like it too. Not only do I recommend it but am going there tonight. I will say that you will not find excellence here, just good food. Not much to chose from around here but this is a good one.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I go here frequently. The menu has many different options to choose from that I rarely order the same thing twice. We have never had a bad meal. Service is friendly and attentive. If I had any complaint at all, it would be that the food comes too fast. Last night I commented to my wife that I have waited longer in a McDonald's drive through than we waited for our dinner to arrive. The prices are very reasonable and they have different specials each night. The bar is being renovated right now so no alcohol for a few days but when the bar is open, those prices are extremely reasonable as well. My wife and I will have a bill in the low to mid $20 range after dinner and a couple of drinks each.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

came in for lunch to check out this fairly new Mexican Restaurant. This used to be a Hops Micro-Brewery restaurant, when in it's hayday was really good. Inside hasn't changed, and hasn't been uppgraded, except for Mexican/Myan wall art. Needs better lighting and a face lift, and some cleaning! Our lunch was served in about 15 mintues, which was fine. Of course, they serve nachos and salsa to the tables, and nachos were fine and homemade: however, salsa was a little off. Seems they put in tomato sauce, as it was sllightly thick but tomato sauce thick. They also served what appeared to be a chipolte salsa, and that was different.

We ordered the Chili Rellenos, which was swimming in greasy sauce, and just fell apart overcooked with an abundance of mexican cheese in a saucy mess. We also ordered the beef enchalada and taco lunch special. While rice and beans were fine, the enchalada was more like a tamale wrapper, and the taco shell seemed stale.

I would really like to see this place survive, as it is definately not a chain, and the food is home cooked, but they need to get their act together. Perhaps just going to their bar for drinks and nachos is the best for this place. We will stay away for dining. Service was fine.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Visited here when we had a very lengthy wait at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Poblano's. We should have known what we were in for by the lack of vehicles in the parking lot, not to mention the fact that the inside of the restaurant could use a damn good scrub.

We ordered sangria, commonly served in Mexican restaurants, but all they had was a stale, bottled version. It was terrible, so we put it to the side and ordered soft drinks. Our food arrived less than five minutes after we ordered it, so I can only assume that it had been cooked in a microwave or sits in a steam line all day. Like the sangria, it was terrible.

Our server did not do a quality check while we were seated, nor did she inquire on the status of our meal when she took all five plates away without any of then being finished. When I say not finished, I mean not touched. Her total lack of concern, along with the terrible food, left quite a nasty taste in our mouths.