“Ok food, poor service & presentation”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #172 of 500 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: American, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There are two Outbacks in Bradenton. The other one you have listed.
Apollo Beach, Florida, United States
“Ok food, poor service & presentation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went here for Mother's Day lunch as we were spending the day at the Outlet Mall in Ellenton. We arrived well before the crowds and had no wait to be seated. Food was just ok, but what really disappointed me was the presentation of the food. Plates were splashed with spilled soup and au jus. Food was just ok temperature wise, a little on the luke warm side. I ordered the Filet Focaccia Sandwich and the sandwich was sliding apart when it was placed in front of me, didn't look very appetizing. Tasted ok. The broccoli was WAY overcooked and mushy and when I mentioned it to the server (not for him to fix but for him to advise the kitchen so no one else had to suffer), he said they always cook it like that. Ummm...I should hope not! The service was less than average, but better than poor. However when the server brought back our bill (we paid by credit card) he addressed my husband as his nick name, which is no where on his card (Bill, instead of William) which was a little informal for my taste, should have at least addressed him by the name on the card. The overall service was slow, and I might have understood if they were busy, but at the time we went, they were not. I just found the whole experience, poor for quality I would expect from Outback.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kristi V

Fredericton, Canada
“Just so-so.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just a so-so meal. The most negative thing about the whole experience was our waitress (Jena F as identified on our receipt). She seemed like she didn't want to be there and was indifferent to us as customers. When we asked questions about a menu item she answered them however in a somewhat rude manner. Obviously her lack of service skills was reflected in our tip. The food was tasty, including of course the famous "blooming onion".

• Visited April 2013
Norcross, Georgia
“Outback: 4 for $15”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The tax season ended and my CPA wife was ready to get back to dinner at a more normal time. We hit a place we have not been to for several weeks - Outback on SR64 East of Bradenton, Florida.

One thing I noticed is that I did not recognize any of the staff. Does it turn over that much in just a couple months. Even the on duty manager was one I did not recognize.

With all that - the food was great. I tried the 4 for $15: Soup, Salad, entree/vegetable, and choice of cheese cake or carrot cake (that is actually 5 items!). The soup was only a few spoonfuls - I tried the creamy onion. It was different for a change. I got the 6 oz Outback Special fire grilled medium ... it came a little more done than preferred, but nothing to complain about as it was still moist and tasty. I paid the $1 extra for the wedge salad, got a loaded baked potato and the cheesecake. The waiter forgot to ask what I wanted for the topping - so had to come back...I selected raspberry over chocolate.

Of course, we will return to OB again ... and more frequently now that tax season is over.

• Visited April 2013
SOUTHPORT
“Great Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

"One of the best steaks I've ever had" was the comment made by my husband and he's eaten a fair few steaks. The food was excellent and we wouldn't hesitate in going back there.

Visited March 2013
reston va
“crap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

the last 3 times all the same over cooked food , terrible service was hoping the last time was gonna be good .

Visited June 2012