My wife and I stayed at the BW Plus as we were traveling back from Ft Myers to Orlando for Christmas and wanted to have an extra night away from home. We decided on this hotel from the TripAdvisor reviews and the price was reasonable compared to other hotels along the Gulf Coast area.
The hotel was nice and the clerk was very friendly, especially for a Christmas night when I know no one really wants to be there. It was nice to have some luggage carriers downstairs as we had a bit to take upstairs.
The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. We did not use the coffeemaker but it looked like the basket may have been broken. Also, there was no decaf coffee in the room. Typically I see both regular and decaf coffee available. Also, there was a light on the phone for a message, but later we were told that this is common and there were no messages (?)
Also, the sign on the 2nd floor is a bit misleading. We were in Room 212 to the right of the elevators and the sign says Rooms 201 to 214 to the left of the elevator--a bit confusing!!
The hot breakfast the next morning was very good--my wife would have liked a little more variety of fruit. The staff was very good at keeping the breakfast area clean. When we checked out, I had to ring the bell for service. There was no one at the front either the whole time we were down for breakfast, a little odd.
We enjoyed our overnight stay, but know that dining options on Christmas night are VERY limited--we were thankful for the McDonald's nearby,
Lastly, the area the hotel is in looks like it has run down a bit. I am not sure I would stay in that area if I wanted more than a one night's stay. I am giving a 4 but it was more like a 3 ½.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pool Closed July 5th - July 14th! Welcome to the brand new Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites in Bradenton Florida. Our Bradenton hotel is conveniently located off I-75 on State Road 64 (Manatee Ave East) the main artery into downtown Bradenton and beaches. Our hotel in Bradenton/Sarasota is just minutes from the Sarasota Bradenton Airport (SRQ), and 40 Miles from Tampa Airport (TPA). The hotel is smoke free, PET FRIENDLY, and completely renovated as of April 2012. We welcome corporate and leisure travelers. We are located close to Lakewood Ranch, Manatee Memorial Hospital and De Soto Race Track, as well as walking distance to restaurants like Cracker Barrel, Sonny s or Harley Davidson store/rental and College of Natural Health. You can take a short drive to Tropicana Field, Beals offices, or Pirate City. We offer free high-speed Internet access, free in-room movies, fitness center, business center, meeting room, outdoor swimming pool and much more. The hotel serves complimentary breakfast buffet every morning. If shopping is your pleasure, we are located near Prime Outlet Mall, which contains almost 100 outlet shops. If golf is your game, the hotel is located near championship golf courses Stoney Brook and River Strand located in Heritage Harbor subdivision. Many of our guests prefer to spend their days at the beach and our hotel is near Anna Maria Island, Bradenton Beach and Longboat Key. Our Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites in Bradenton hotel is everything you expect, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Bradenton Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Bradenton Hotel Bradenton
- Holiday Inn Bradenton
- Bradenton Holiday Inn Express