“Nice place”

dawson's cafe and family restaurant
Cuisines: American
Description: A new restaurant just opened a few days ago.
Description: A new restaurant just opened a few days ago.
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've been here more than a few times. I wanted to support a place that wasn't a chain. I've been happy with the service and the food for the most part. I think depending on the wait staff you get makes the difference. They also have a "dog friendly" outside seating area. Will keep giving them a chance until they really mess up.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have given them three chances, and their chances are up. The wait staff is very nice, but that alone does not make a good restaurant. Consistently good food makes a good restaurant, but they have not figured this out yet. We went for breakfast with a party of five, and had some good food, and some not so good. The chorizo was undercooked, and the sausage gravy tasted sour. This usually means food prepared ahead of time and stored, who knows for how long. The Dawson's Benedict, on the other hand, was very good. Also, when the cashier asks, " How was everything?", I don't think they really want to know. When I replied, "Just OK," no follow up question was asked, which I assume means they don't really care. I am not saying this because I want them to go out of business; every time a restaurant closes it is bad for a community. I really want the owners to take this feedback to heart and IMPROVE!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I made the mistake of giving this place a try. This is a horrible horrible place to eat. So much bs for simple food and then when you get it, its not fresh its clearly old leftovers. GROSS I couldn't even eat it and im usually not picky. I should have gotten my money back but i was so mad i didnt want to cause a scene. GO TO CHIKFILA OR BOB EVENS FOR BETTER dang FOOD

Reviewed March 26, 2012

The servers don't know the menu and consequently struggle to take orders. Out of 4 orders, our server made a mistake on 2 of them and followed to blame cooks when she brought out the food. She never apologized and tried to convince us that she can't take it back and that we have to live with what we got. After a few minutes of escalating discussion, she spoke to what seemed like a manager and put in the order for our real entrees. On top of this, the manager never seemed to address us, nobody apologized. The cooks do, in fact, seem rather clueless and take forever, and the food is absolutely wretched. This restaurant is not worth a try!

1  Thank henry t
Reviewed March 18, 2012

First visit here, and we will be back. Easy to find location near Lowes on SR70 and I75.
We went here for lunch and were pleased with food and service. Large sandwich menu, great value here, next time I will have half a sandwich and salad. Superb rye bread.