“I'm STUFFED!!!”

Dining options: Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“I'm STUFFED!!!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Brian the Bartender was excellent!!! He was extremely friendly and funny. He even has his own Sushi Roll named after him. The Martinis were filled to the top. They stuff the olives with blue cheese. The sushi menu is the size of a regular menu...

Visited February 2013

Sarasota
“Even at 10% my tip came to more than $500/hour of service”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

One can get an inkling early in a restaurant by the reaction when alcoholic drinks are not ordered and the immediate fall off in interest in service as to what the whole experience is going to be like. Our waitress who slowed down to three miles per hour going by our table to take a drink order, never slowed down that much again when no alcohol was ordered. Ten minutes later a lightening visit took our food order. (Pity the person new to Sushi who wants help with the menu). Ten minutes later the Miso soup and salad were dropped off at the same time. Fifteen minutes later the food arrived, with an inadequate amount of pickled ginger which could never be addressed as I never saw my waitress again and was unable to flag down without tripping any passing server. Again it was a long wait for the final bill after presenting my credit card. The food was OK.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Martin K
Sarasota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible service”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Don't waste your time at this restaurant. The service is horrible and the manager is confrontational. Honestly, I am not quite sure why the owner hasn't fired him. We went out to dinner with friends and with our children tonight, and the manager actually threw out our order. It was not busy and he obviously saw us sit down ten minutes earlier, so why he would think our order was garbage is beyond me. So, 30 minutes later, our waitress realizes that the manager made a mistake, yet no one offered an apology; in fact, the manager became rude and actually made a scene in front of the customers. Where is the owner, and why isn't she/ he aware of his actions?

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sarasota111
Grand Bend, Canada
“Like this spot”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you are in the area and have some time, try this out. The dining time can be a little longer than a traditional restaurant but it is worth the wait. No food is fresher. They are very entertaining as the meal is cooked right in front of you. By the way, the sushi is the best I've ever had. This is a place to try out at least once a month.

• Visited January 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Well worth the wait!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The wait to be seated was quite long and once seated the wait to be served was long, however the entertainment made it well worth it! I think the problem was that they were just too busy without enough help. The chef was very entertaining for all ages and he really made the meal memorable. I wish the waitstaff could show half enthusiasm of the chef. The food was very good.
We will definitely go back. We just know to prepare for a long wait.

• Visited December 2012