Tripadvisor
Bradenton
Post
Inbox
Search

“Your new favorite diner!”
Review of Metro Diner

Metro Diner
Order Online
Ranked #112 of 667 Restaurants in Bradenton
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant has quickly become a weekly go to dining spot. The prices are ridiculously low for the crazy, ginormous amount of food they put in front of you. I do not think we have ever consumed the full plate. I can't recommend a single item because everything is fantastic. How they make simple french fries taste wonderful is beyond me. Breakfast is served all day and have many options to choose from. Wait, I lied! I recommend the strawberry and/or maple butter. YES! I said BUTTER! It's delicious! Metro "nights" get you a small sampling of fresh little mini biscuits with the said butter. They also offer beer, wine, mimosas and bloody mary's reasonably priced. Probably the most appealing thing about this diner is that the manager comes table to table and she truly cares that you are pleased with your meal, this isn't just a job to her! Service excellence all the way around!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (37)

Reviewed December 30, 2019

My last review of Metro Diner was in May 2019, it was still new. At the time of this visit, I commented that there was no counter like a tradional diner. My apologies, this last visit, I noticed that they do have a counter in front of the kitchen. My plan is to stop in for breakfast and sit at the counter. This trip was different than my first. At this time everyone was much more realazed. The Metro Diner has made it past the opening phase and seem to have worked out their kinks. My dinner was the Chicken and Waffles. I enjoyed it alot, it was dee-licious! Everyone working there was pleasant and accompidating. While I sat alone, I watched how their kitchen operated. I will praise and compliment, their kitchen workers and the equipment is immaculant!! Big Plus for me!! It was nice to see many regulars interacting with the staff, there were many cheery holiday wishes and embraces! Bravo to Metro Diner for hanging in there!!

Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

Really good diner food- coming from NJ that is a huge compliment. The owner stopped by and chatted. Very nice lady. Fast service. Good food and priced fairly. They even had $3 drink specials. We will go back for more than breakfast for dinner.

Reviewed December 9, 2019

Most unusual to be this far into Bradenton, but having service from Hendrick Honda, I inquired about a suggested lunch..that took us to METRO DINER. We have tried Metro in Sarasota, but thankfully we thought we'd give it another chance. We made it before the rush, were seated immediately, and introduced to PAIGE. We couldn't have asked for a more attentive, service friendly and happy server.
We chose breakfast: a breakfast special a cornbeef hash egg off the menu. The meal was GREAT. We weren't rushed and even were allowed to do some post breakfast work at the table while waiting for our Henrick Service car to pick us up.
I can understand why some of the service advisors order from Metro. We will be back --- to this one for sure. Hope we get Paige again, in fact I'll ask for her

Reviewed December 8, 2019 via mobile

Stopped here because we were hungry and wanted to try some place new. We were not disappointed. The menu choices were very good for any type of diet, prices good and food quality delicious. All in all, I was happy. Try this out. Open8-2. AND 5-9.