“NO GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Just letting people know that Jose's only option for gluten free due to true Celiac was steamed fish and plain white rice. The host was very nice. They gave me a sample of the pulled pork which tasted delicious. My husband must be gluten free. I really wanted to try Jose's but did not want my husband to have to eat probably "contaminated" (by gluten) food. So this is just a warning for those who must be gluten free - don't bother. Someday I'll go with a friend. I still can't understand why all the food would have wheat in it? Rice n beans with wheat? Pulled pork with wheat? Refried beans with wheat?
The poor rating is for the lack of gluten free options or any understanding of gluten.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

one soggy pork sandwich and pulled pork on a Cuban sandwich. Triple D not spot on with this place.. Will not go back again. Avoid this place. There are to many other great Cuban places in this area. Want a real Cuban sandwich go to La Segunda Bakery in Ybor City (tampa),

1  Thank scjill18
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have been wanting to visit this restaurant for ages. I managed to persuade my family to go even though it looks like a dump from the outside. The inside was even worse from my seat I could see a little room where the dishes were taken it looked filthy along with the dirty floor in the restaurant and the general lack go cleanliness. Our server was pleasant and the food portions were generous and actually tasted good. I brought he left over food home in a box but can t face eating it as the thought of that dirty restaurant is in my mind.Very disappointed but there were other diners who seemed to be regulars.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

The best food I've eaten in Florida , The owner ,( Jose )is very entertaining and is serious about his food and makes sure everybody gets s sample of his food before ordering . Definitely a old dive but this makes it most interesting , the quantity of food is overwhelming and the staff is very attentive and explains everything on the menu and gives great recommendations. . We had a party of seven and had the best meal all week .everybody was pleased and we all can't wait to visit Jose's again .Definately try the Cuban Sampler as you get an arrangement of different authentic dishes combined in one platter . Great job Jose and staff !!! Located in Bradenton Florida, Definately worth the trip

Reviewed June 9, 2014

First time I had lunch at Jose's, it was hot outside and far worse inside. This small café has a half dozen tables crowded together and about a dozen tall chairs at the counter with wall to wall patrons. Coming from Phoenix I am familiar with Mexican type bistros. One of the lunch specials (1/2 pork sandwich, bowl of black bean soup and rice loaded up with cut up onion) is not only filling, it is delicious. This time I also had flan (to compare Cuban style with Mexican). It was a bit different in flavor but quite tasty. I suggest one be adventurous in choosing something to eat. Feed your hunger with this Cuban cuisine. Ignore the surroundings and try a cold can of Materba (Cuban "weed" soda.