“What a place, the food is amazing”
Review of Jose's Real Cuban Food - CLOSED

Jose's Real Cuban Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television
London, United Kingdom
“What a place, the food is amazing”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have been several times and love it. Dinner or lunch the food is amazing. Its a great place to meet up with friends.

Visited May 2013

Largo, Florida, United States
“I can get a better Cuban sandwich at publix”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I heard about this place from diner, drive ins, and dives and figured if Guy is endorsing it then it must be good, boy was I wrong. They claim to have the best Cuban. It was so flavorless and dry. I couldn't even finish the sandwich and ended up throwing half of it away. I can get a better Cuban from publix. Don't waste your time.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank STALLIONAIRE
Bradenton, Florida, United States
“Jose's is the place”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The title says it all, "Real Cuban Food!" this isn't a 7-11 Cuban, this is a the real deal! Everyone's interpretation on how a Cuban should be made is different. And let's be fair, it's all in how you are raised in not only how you make it, but how you enjoy it! I'm a Florida Boy, born and raised. We grew up eating Cuban sandwiches, as a staple in our diet. I've eaten every Cuban sandwich in Polk, Manatee, Hillsborough, etc, etc... This is the one! Trust me, want to know good food ask a big guy!

Visited May 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great pork and plantains!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I recently tried this place with three friends on vacation and really enjoyed it. We split plates of shredded pork, beef, and beef stuffed with chorizo. My wife ordered a cuban sandwich. She said it was the best she's had. I thought the pork and plantains were exceptional. The other dishes were good too. We finished the night with vanilla flan and it was great! I would definitely go again.

• Visited May 2013
Branson, Missouri
“Diner recommended by Guy Fieri is a Winner!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I like to look for Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives when we are on vacation and I saw where Guy F. had visited Jose's recently. We decided to give it a try, since we like spicy food. We were not disappointed. We ate lunch there and had the special-1/2 Cuban reuben or 1/2 pulled pork sandwich with a big bowl of black beans and rice. Each plate was $7.95 with a 10% discount for being "old"! We ordered beer and it was served with an ice-cold mug. My husband had the bread pudding also. He said it was okay, but probably wouldn't order it again. The place is definitely not fancy, but the food is great! We plan to go back and order an entree plate. Our waitress assured us that all there entrees will serve the two of us. At $13.95, that is really reasonable.

• Visited May 2013