Tripadvisor

“Brisket and sweet tea ”

Pig Out BBQ & Southern Soul Food
Ranked #43 of 667 Restaurants in Bradenton
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Best brisket around! Served with a savory au juis that was perfect. Baked beans and cucumber salad were delicious. Pass on the fried okra. Solid meal topped off with fresh brewed sweet tea.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (62)

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

We talked about trying Pig Out last winter but never got there. So yesterday on our way from SQR to AMI we called ahead to order a full rack of ribs with 2 sides, Cole slaw and baked beans, for takeout. They were ready when we arrived and well packaged in a large disposable aluminum tin. It was heavier than I anticipated. When we arrived home I unpacked dinner for my bride and me. The ribs were large, meaty and perfectly done. And, the portion was substantial. More than enough for the two of us. The two side were excellent and they included 2 different sauces, a Carolina and a traditional sauce. The food was 5 star but a little pricey ($29 for whole slab and 3 sides). That’s the only reason I gave them 4 stars instead of 5. I’ll definitely be back to try their brisket and chicken.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 4, 2019

We used to visit this place regularly under its previous names, their fish and chips were always excellent, so now under it's new name we gave it another try, obviously the emphasis has changed from fish to meat but that was to be expected. We recognised the servers from previous visits and they told us that it was only the menu that had changed. We were a party of 4 and all had a different meal, my brisket was superb, the ribs and burger were just ok and my wifes fish and chips were a disappointment. She was told that they would be similar to previous but the fish portion was tiny, she doesn't eat lots but she was nowhere near satisfied with her portion size.
That said I certainly won't be put off for another visit soon.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 29, 2019

Ordered carry-out on site. Friendly service and quick. Very large portions. I had the chicken and my husband had the beef brisket. While the brisket was tender, it tasted more like beef pot roast. Very good sides to choose from (we had sweet potatoes, fries, coleslaw, beans) and all were pretty good. Sauces were excellent. Sweet potato pie was also very good for dessert.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 23, 2019

We love some good BBQ, saw this place, and had to stop in and check it out. Our waitress was amazing! Super friendly and catered well to our needs. My hubs and I shared the beef brisket (16oz) that came with a mac and cheese patty (yummo) and french fries made from real potatoes! The best kind! We also split the rib tips appetizer. We had soooo much food between the two of us. We ended up taking some home. Would def recommend you check this place out if you're in the area.

Date of visit: October 2019