“Nice room, free wi-fi and good location”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Gateway Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
New York, NY
“Nice room, free wi-fi and good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed here with my husband for a family visit and it was a great value (though my uncle got a significantly lower rate from a brochure at a rest stop). The room was a good size and all facilities/amenities were up to date. It was nice to have a microwave and a (spotless) mini fridge. There's also a coffee maker in the room even though coffee and juice are available in the lobby 24/7. The breakfast provides plenty of decent choices (fresh waffles, hard boiled eggs, sausage, english muffins, toast, bagels, donuts, instant oatmeal and grits, cereal and fruit). The location is convenient to all the restaurants and shops in Sarasota and Bradenton and about 15-20 minutes to the beach. Spent most of our time visiting family, but sleeping here was very comfortable. (PS: Skip the Cracker Barrel that's next door - pretty disappointing for breakfast!)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank michdoll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed here recently. It was clean and tidy. There was a restaurant right in front. The price was reasonable. The front desk seemed very busy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Acworth, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

As a diamond plus member with Best Western we have stayed at many locations through out the US for both business and pleasure. This BW is definitely one of the more higher end as well as quality oriented hotels. Also during our stay we had the pleasure of meeting the manager Mr Sears who is both professional and friendly. He creates an "at home" environment at this hotel/home away from home. We enjoyed our stay and HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel. We were passing through to Key West but definitely plan to return again for a longer vacation in Bradenton. Much thanks to Mr. Sears and all of the staff at BW Manatee Hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
BW_Chris, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review about your stay and we all hope to see you come back and see us again. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Many Thanks from my entire staff. Chris Sears-General Manager
Akron Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Made a reservation and was told to just call by the "day before" if we couldn't make it and cancel. Called the day before and were told at that time there was a 48 hour cancellation policy! Charged us for the night even though we explained we were told otherwise. Were also told they were sold out. So does that mean they needed our money too? Will not book there again or send clients with that type of service. Will be writing to the President of their holding company.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SandTravelAkronOhio
I am sorry that you had this experience with our hotel, I had a new employee give out incorrect information and I did not charge your credit card anything. This hotel currently has a 4pm same day cancellation policy and the time that you called the hotel was at 10:30 pm and the new employee that said this was confused because we do have a 48 hour cancellation policy in certain months when the area is if full season, this is a standard practice with all hotels that are going to guarantee the the guest has the room there for them when they arrive and are not having to be sent away to some other hotel that does not fit their needs. With this being said, if you do have a charge on your credit card I would like you to please give me a call because I show no charge on my end and would like to get to the bottom of this and make it correct. As always I like to hear reviews about good and bad issues with our hotel and make sure everyone that stays here is well taken care of. A simple phone call the next day to the manager of this hotel or any other hotel would have gotten to the bottom of the problem and then you would not have had to waste your time on putting a bad review on this property that strives to make sure all goes well with everyone that stays here. Please call me if there is anything I can do to make it better. As always I cannot fix something I do not know about, Yours Truly, Chris Sears, General Manager.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

This is an otherwise nice hotel but management knew they had a roach problem and still gave us two separate rooms that had roaches. In addition, the suite we stayed in had dirty unwashed cups left in the sink by a previous guest. Thanks to us, there are eight fewer cockroaches in this hotel. Management did not offer any thing to compensate us. The manager simply said "Sorry about that" and explained that this problem existed ever since he switched cleaning companies and that he was going to have to switch back to the previous cleaning company.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
BW_Chris, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Gateway Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
I am the General Manager of this property and I was not informed of this problem until they were checking out of the hotel, at that time I completely shut down the entire floor and had the pest control company (Eco-Lab) who is known as the best in the nation remove every fridge/microwave and locate and fix the problem. They then went to every room in the rest of the property and did a inspection and treatment to ensure it was not going to happen again, We spend alot of money to make sure we keep this property at the standard of a five star hotel and we have the AAA ratings and awards to show it. when this guest was checking out I offered a discount for the problem and he said don't worry about it, these things happen even if you were staying in you own home sometimes. I have never had this problem before and don't have it now. My best advise to any traveler that stays in any hotel is to alert the front desk when they encounter any type of problem at the very time it happens so it can be corrected right away. I can't fix something that I don't know about. I always thank people who let me know of any issue so it can be fixed right away. I want to say I am truly sorry to this guest and would like for them to give us another chance to prove it. Please give me a call so that I can talk to you in person. Thank you, Chris Sears-General Manager.
essex,england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

This has to be one of the nicest Best Westerns we have stayed at.My main concern with hotels is always the cleanliness and i cannot fault it here.The rooms and bathrooms are spotless as is the rest of the property.The staff obviously take great pride in the place.The area has some of the nicest beaches in Florida especially Siesta Beach which is only a short ride away.I would recommend the Cracker Barrell at the front of the hotel for a lovely meal and great service.We only had 2 nights here on our road trip through Florida but wish it could have been longer.We will definately come back to this hotel on our next visit.Wonderful!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

Not much signage but worth it once you find it. Super quiet, clean, modern everything, very attentative staff.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradenton West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75
Courtyard Bradenton Sarasota/Riverfront
Anna Maria Island Dream Inn
Anna Maria Island Dream Inn
#11 of 12 in Bradenton Beach

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Bradenton Gateway Hotel? Share your experiences!