“A bit of everything.”

Shorewalk Vacation Villas
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I have been coming here twice a year for the last few years and in that time rented several different properties on the site. We choose this location because it is central for everything. Groceries can be purchased just minutes away and lots of restaurants are accessible by walking or a short car drive. Bradenton Beach is just a 10 minute drive and if you only want to laze by the pool then its right on our doorstep. The staff at the club house are very friendly, though the facilities are seldom used to their full potential. There is some work in progress again in this area so it may be that there will be more on offer next time we visit. If there is a downside it would be that some of the accomodations are now showing their age and need upgrading and that includes the most ancient TV set I have seen ! In fairness, I didn't intend to watch it much anyway but the grubby carpet and settee we had this time definitely need to go.

Room Tip: A corner property has better views and always ask for a lake view. Higher floors tend to have better...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Alison J

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We found our stay faultless and plan on returning, ideal location and very friendly staff. Clean spacious rooms with air con and everything we needed for the perfect stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Rachael F
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Just returned in June from our third holiday to Shorewalk, me and my boyfriend love this place.
It is so peaceful and yet only a short way from a main road. I am sad that the earlier reviewer from Canada didn't have a fantastic time there. I agree that some local restaurants are a bit busy and do not serve gourmet food, but I have found this true of many American chains, but we still enjoy eating there. You can' eat gourmet food every night, though there are many places that could rival high end eateries in London. I also like Shorewalks lakes, if you stop and look you can always see Fish and sometimes Turtles too.I was also impressed by the free wifi in the condos.
I have stayed in three different units, and visited a few others when friends have been with us, and though I agree that not all share the same standard of facilities and decor, I have never been in anything other than first class accommodation. This year we had three flat screen tv's in our condo!
Anyway, we love the beaches and the general laid back pace of things in the Gulf Coast area, especially after the Bedlam that is the theme parks. See you next year...

Room Tip: If you get a Unit that does not meet your standards do what you would do in any hotel-ask to change...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lyndianarhodes
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I booked flight and this accomodation through Air Canada Vacations.

The positives

- good sized condo for 3 adults
- twin beds comfortable with updated pillowtop mattress
- complimentary wifi
- near shopping and restaurants
- beach easy to get to (7 miles down the road)
- seems clean
- very quiet which is nice

Negatives

- condo is shabby and badly in need of updating
- old mattress on queen sized bed which is hard
- tv's are small and not flat screen
- all appliances are cheap and flatware and untensils are from Dollar Stores
- neighbourhood is kind of run down and seedy
- nearby restaurants are noisy with poor quality food
- front desk staff rather rude
- condo smells like chlorine
- condo units are built on gross murky looking ponds

Bottom line my own home is alot nicer than this so I feel like I'm "slumming it" here which is not what I want from a vacation. I want a bit of luxury and thought Shorewalk would be much better based on the advertisments. I would not want to come here again and I don't really care for the city of Bradenton either. This place would be fine for a family who is looking for a place to crash in between visiting tourist attractions although Busch Gardens is the only themepark nearby.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank crochetgirl
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We recently stayed at Shorewalk because of a gymnastics event for my daughter. We chose this site because we were tired of staying at high rise hotels. We bought groceries the day we arrived and had a few meals at the condo, which saved us a bit of time and money going to restaurants. We were more than happy with our condo. Although the condos are older, the one we stayed in was very clean and updated. Some I heard, from others staying there, were not as nice. I recommend the top units. They have a nicer view. The grounds are well kept, pools and hot tubs are clean. Free wifi. There are grocery stores and restaurants within walking distance and the closest beach is only about 10-15 minutes away. Sarasota is 20 minutes away. I guess if there were any negatives, it would be that the beds weren't the most comfortable and I would bring my own pillow, but overall, I would definitely return here. I have visited almost every part of Florida and I found the beaches around this part to be the best, especially Lido Key.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MarilynH9
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed in building 4325 unit 102 and found the rental on VRBO.Shorewalk is about 25 years old.The grounds,pools clubhouse,tennis courts, etc are all very well maintained.The unit we stayed in was recently updated and in very nice condition,not luxury,but more than adequate.We had a 2 bed 2 bath unit which had plenty of room for our party of 3.Cortez Avenue is one block away with some restuarants and Publix all within walking distance. The Pirates Spring Training facility is 15 minutes away,and the Baltimore Orioles(Ed Smith) are 30 minutes away in Sarasota.Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota has to be one of the nicer venues in the Grapefruit League.I really have no complaints.Traffic can be a problem going out to Anna Maria Island ,but that is the way it is everywhere in Florida the last week in March.Price was 750$for one week, in prime time of Spring Break.My party would defintely return

Room Tip: Request a renovated room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Paul B
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We went to the Pirates Spring Training and stayed at Shorewalk. It was close to everything; we loved all of the amenities and would come back again. There were only 2 downsides - water pressure in master bedroom shower was not strong and while the kitchen had the minimum, a few other items would have been nice. Overall, we loved it, it was nice sitting on the balcony, good walking area, lots of parking.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lauren B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradenton
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Best Western Plus Bradenton Gateway Hotel
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
Cedar Cove Resort & Cottages
#2 of 16 in Holmes Beach

Been to Shorewalk Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!