“Safe and comfortable”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I spent 3 nights here after the motel in Bradenton I had reserved did not feel safe at all.
So when I arrived at the Country Inn I was pleasently surprised, nice quiet surroundings (with shops and restaurants near by), lovely hallway and a very nice gentleman who checked me in.
The room was very nice and quiet, the bathroom lovely and big.
So my stay was not only safe but also very comfortable!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank 4HeleneG

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights and were very happy with this location. The staff was friendly and helpful and this locations was set back from the road so you heard no noise at all.

Unlike most places you could eat the free breakfast.

Will stay there again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank John S
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We spent the night here on our way down to Sanibel from Orlando. We had flown in to Orlando ...and needed a midway point for an overnight stop. I had made reservations for this Country Inn based on previous reviews, it's proximity to the interstate (it's right OFF I 75) and I got a fantastic rate for the night.

We arrived late in the evening...thanks to long lines at baggage claim, and at the rental car counter and ...LOTS of traffic in the Orlando area. While I mentioned this hotel is off I75...it's tucked away in an area with trees, and shopping center ...you can't hear ANY road noise. I have to say, however, I was nervous about the school bus pulling in, in front of us. Both my husband and I are educators...but didn't relish a bus load of kiddos on our vacay. However... We didn't hear a peep from the girl's soccer team that was staying there that night:). Hotel was very quiet...at least our floor, 3rd floor was. Our room was fine. We had booked 2 queen beds. Room was stuffy when we checked in. I turned on the air and room cooled and cleared up. Room was clean and had everything we needed. Beds were very comfortable. I found extra blankets in closet and a synthetic pillow there. I'm allergic to feathers...ie feather pillows...so I was pleased to find a synthetic pillow! Breakfast the next morning was okay. Nothing special. It's the usual at County Inns. There was free wifi. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank akersjr
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were in good hands with Tom and a colleague at the check-in! We got a very quiet room on the third floor (East side) and had a great night's sleep. This was a good location to visit Saratoga and the islands in the Gulf of Mexico, nearby. The place is very quiet and truly gives a weary traveller a quiet place to rest! Tom also made a few referrals to what turned out to be an excellent restaurant with fresh fish at very reasonable prices. Pretty good and free breakfast too. Highly recommended and high on the list of place to return too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are super quiet and will ensure you a good night's sleep!
1  Thank FlyLudo
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We were leaving Sanibel on Saturday to drive to Orlando Airport for a Sunday flight back home so we thought we would like to break the journey and visit the Ringling Museum site. Looking at the Club Carlson site we found this hotel and we could use some of the many points we had accrued over the past years travelling. Digital Desmond our faithful satnav system took us there without any problem and the first impressions of the hotel were very favourable. We were greeted at reception and checked in efficiently and our room was clean and spacious. We had eaten at a restaurant at the Ringling site so we had a quiet night; unfortunately the rest of the night was not quiet. At about 7pm we noticed loud noises near our room and at about 1:30am we were awoken by loud banging on doors and swearing! The noise went on for some time and then it went quiet. We can’t blame the hotel only the clients. When we mentioned it next morning the receptionist and she was very surprised because many of the people in the hotel are long term guests.

1  Thank highgreave
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stay here with my wife every time I go to Bradenton and no once we were disappointed. The rooms are spacious and very clean, the service is fantastic and the entire hotel is well kept and organized. At the front desk they always go the extra mile to accommodate our requests and to make our stay pleasurable. This is a quite place where we can relax. The location is a plus as beaches and restaurants are very close. Oh! I was forgetting the incredible free breakfast with a great variety of offerings.

1  Thank domenico c
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our group has been here for over a month. The staff is very accomodating, the rooms are big and the property is very well maintianed. There are restaurants, a grocery store and shopping just accross the street, which is very convenient. We stay in hotels year round and this hotel is one of the best. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business