“Outstanding Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Outstanding Hotel”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for an interview. It was a great experience. I really loved the hotel room. It was super clean and new! The manager really cared about each of the hotel attendants. This hotel is managed really well! Also the price is very reasonable understanding that it includes breakfast. It is also very cozy and they always have coffee/tea/hot water free of charge as well as very delicious cookies! The hotel is close to restaurants right across the street and the neighbourhood is very safe. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone who want to stay in Sarasota/Bradenton. This was my first time attending this hotel and I will consider coming to the same hotel for the next time for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had a 2 month business stay. I traveled alot and stayed from Motel 6 to Ritz Carlton. The long term rates were rate. The best part was the great night's sleep. Great matress, great pillows and REAL blackout curtains. Walking distance to several good eat's including next door to Gecko's Bar & Grill.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
cincinnati
Reviewed November 7, 2013

By TripAdvisor recommendation we stayed here for one night last week. Yes, it was clean and the people were friendly - though why the staff was taking food away from the complimentary breakfast at 9:20 instead of 9:30 or 35 (breakfast until 9:30) is beyond me.
My main problem with it was the BED, a too-soft, lumpy uncomfortable mess with a sheet and the thick bedspread as the 'cover'. This translated into a terrible night's sleep.
The room was relatively inexpensive though - you get what you pay for

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Checking in was quite slow (tried to check in at 2:55 and the front desk was unsure whether my room was ready) and the lobby restroom needed some dire attention. Aside from that, the stay was great. Most notably, the free breakfast was the best I've experienced.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Every year we used to stay at the Wyndham, just the other side of I-75. This year, upon exiting I-75, we noticed the Wyndham has now become a Holiday Inn Express, so we thought, "this time, why not give Country Inn & Suites a chance?" Excellent decision!

From the moment we arrived Tom (you're a star!) made us feel so welcome, as if we were the first and ONLY guests to ever stay there! Although close to I-75, the hotel's in a quiet location, noise was never an issue, but various restaurants and numerous shops (including CVS and Publix) are just 5 minutes' walk away. Tom's team were brilliant, always friendly, courteous and helpful.

The hotel is spotless throughout, no musty or damp-smelling corridors. Our room was very well furnished and nothing looked "tired" or needed renewal. The king-size bed was super-comfy and the blackout curtains ensured that we never greeted the dawn!

The breakfasts were excellent, served on china with proper silverware cutlery, not awful plastic disposables. We were impressed that at the end of breakfast serving time, they always called out to ask if everyone was done, before they started clearing away - not a big deal in itself, but such a very nice touch. It just reminded us that at the Wyndham they usually began clearing 15mins before breakfast time finished!

Just a small point, not the fault of any of the staff; when the architects planned this hotel, couldn't they have designed the pool a tad bigger? It is adequate for a quick dip, but that's it, full stop.

However, to sum up, we'd initially planned to stay one night, or perhaps two. We very quickly extended that to three nights - and looking forward to next year...

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 1, 2013

At around 80 years of age, it was important to us to have a trouble free mini vacation. This motel could not have been more perfect. The staff was very attentive, especially Tammy. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The breakfast was beyond our expectations; everything tasted like it was just prepared and hadn't sat around. We would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Just tell Tammy what you want, and she will do her best!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Nice staff and exceptionally clean hotel. I stay at this property frequently and the staff is very friendly and makes you feel right at home. Hotel has great breakfast and upgraded flat screen TV's. Very comfortable beds and rooms are very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay in the area!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business