“A Breath of Fresh Air”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bradenton at I-75, FL
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Every year we used to stay at the Wyndham, just the other side of I-75. This year, upon exiting I-75, we noticed the Wyndham has now become a Holiday Inn Express, so we thought, "this time, why not give Country Inn & Suites a chance?" Excellent decision!

From the moment we arrived Tom (you're a star!) made us feel so welcome, as if we were the first and ONLY guests to ever stay there! Although close to I-75, the hotel's in a quiet location, noise was never an issue, but various restaurants and numerous shops (including CVS and Publix) are just 5 minutes' walk away. Tom's team were brilliant, always friendly, courteous and helpful.

The hotel is spotless throughout, no musty or damp-smelling corridors. Our room was very well furnished and nothing looked "tired" or needed renewal. The king-size bed was super-comfy and the blackout curtains ensured that we never greeted the dawn!

The breakfasts were excellent, served on china with proper silverware cutlery, not awful plastic disposables. We were impressed that at the end of breakfast serving time, they always called out to ask if everyone was done, before they started clearing away - not a big deal in itself, but such a very nice touch. It just reminded us that at the Wyndham they usually began clearing 15mins before breakfast time finished!

Just a small point, not the fault of any of the staff; when the architects planned this hotel, couldn't they have designed the pool a tad bigger? It is adequate for a quick dip, but that's it, full stop.

However, to sum up, we'd initially planned to stay one night, or perhaps two. We very quickly extended that to three nights - and looking forward to next year...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 1, 2013

At around 80 years of age, it was important to us to have a trouble free mini vacation. This motel could not have been more perfect. The staff was very attentive, especially Tammy. The room was clean and smelled fresh. The breakfast was beyond our expectations; everything tasted like it was just prepared and hadn't sat around. We would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Just tell Tammy what you want, and she will do her best!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Nice staff and exceptionally clean hotel. I stay at this property frequently and the staff is very friendly and makes you feel right at home. Hotel has great breakfast and upgraded flat screen TV's. Very comfortable beds and rooms are very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay in the area!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

While Country Inn and Suites are usually okay properties, there are various problems with this one. I had to move four times to get a room where the TV worked - almost. I never did get a TV where the volume and channel selector both worked on all channels! I just gave up on moving from one room to another. I was charged the wrong rate and had to work hard at getting the right one. The owner did not want to accept criticism at first, but finally relented.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CherokeeMan
Tom Y, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bradenton at I-75, FL, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We are sorry to hear our night auditor did not resolve the TV issues you experienced.

The cable box malfunctioned in one of the rooms you were in. Our staff should have quickly fixed the problem in the other rooms by simply switching the TV input setting from analog to HDMI digital.

Last month we dramatically upgraded our TV and internet services. Our Bright House TV programming now includes 72 free HD Channels including 3 HBO and 4 ESPN plus 40 free on-demand channels.

Our free High speed internet (wired and wireless) has 5 Meg dedicated bandwidth for each room, allowing every guest to download Netflix or other video at the same time!

Again, we apologize that our night auditor did not resolve the simple TV issue.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This Hotel is #1 for a Reason. The Service and Staff are second to none. I have stayed here 4 out of the last 6 month and The staff has always treated me like you are part of there extended family. They have a Great Breakfast, Very Clean Rooms, Very Nice Pool and Workout Center . I have stayed at many hotels in the area and there is no comparison !!!!!!!!!!. Don't forget to ask for a free drink card for local restaurants. The staff will go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Highly Recommend

Ed

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was very comfortable and the attention to detail in the room was wonderful. The black out curtains kept our room nice and dark for a good night's rest. I was tickled by the extra electrical outlet in the bathroom which is not something you come across very often. The room also had a small fridge and a microwave "hidden" in the dresser. A nice touch. I don't have occasion to visit Bradenton often but would definitely stay here again. We have stayed at another Country Inn & Suites in Williamsburg, VA and it was nice too. Oh - loved the free cookies at reception.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel looks really new. The King suite we had was decorated beautifully. The furnishings in the room were modern; granite in the bathroom and the kitchenette. It also had a refrigerator and stainless steel microwave. The lobby was beautiful. We loved it. My two children loved the pool. It was on the small side but overall was enjoyable. The staff was fantastic. We took advantage of the breakfast every morning, and it is very good and what you would expect from an upgraded continental breakfast. Their was a different selection of breakfast items every day. Without being asked, the staff was happy to get my 4-year-old another blueberry muffin once they ran out. The hotel is located near I-75 with a 20-minute drive to the beaches. The location is perfect for shopping and dining. It's in a great location! It's adjacent to the Publix parking lot, so if you wanted to save money on dining out you could. Overall, we had a fantastic stay. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The king suite we stayed in was on the 3rd floor and was perfect - no noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family