Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bradenton at I-75, FL
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Bradenton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our room was very nice.
the rooms were very clean including the bathroom.
the allover effect was homey and welcoming.I could have curled up on the couch in the lobby and read a good book.We would stay again.Staff was very friendly and helpful. Tammy made our stay very special.. thank you.My only complaint was the coffee, and I feel that the water used doesn't make the best coffee. Pool was was very inviting. I would stay again for sure. It was a quiet and relaxing two days.

Room Tip: we had no unit noise from our A/C
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed at Wingate two years ago and would have booked there again except for the fact that even though we were staying 8 nights, they neither offered a particularly good rate nor made any concessions. When I was told I would be charged an extra $20.00 a night for staying Friday and Saturday I decided to go elsewhere!
I rang the Country Inn and a charming young man announced (even before I asked about a good rate) that he didn't have the authority to agree the 'preferred rate' a lengthy stay like that would warrant. He was desperate not to let me off the phone without leaving a phone number so his boss could ring me back but I dont use my UK cell phone in the USA so pretty much had to swear on my life that I would ring again, which I did and was offered a reasonable discount for the 8 nights!
We arrived and found the whole reception/management/catering/housekeeping team excellent and very helpful about settling us into a room which best suited our needs. Nothing was too much trouble. We had an excellent room and I used the business centre, the fitness suite, the pool and the laundry. All clean and well serviced.
We found the breakfasts a bit variable - scrambled eggs were brilliant, proper eggs, broken, beaten and cooked just right, but the fried eggs were not to my taste. The nice touch was real plates, bowls and cutlery, not paper and plastic.
The overall impression is one of quiet efficiency, helpfulness and cleanliness. Other nice touches are the occasional free cookies in the evening and free toiletries of you forget anything - left at reception for you to help yourself. We also found it a useful location as we don't mind driving to wherever we want to go, particularly if it means a quiet and safe location for the Hotel - and this one feels very safe,
There are plenty of places to eat nearby - some literally across the road, some a few minutes away, some the next stop 'up' the 75.
The staff help you out with places to go and or print out information for you - we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: we had a room that had a (disabled) wak in shower on the ground floor which was very helpful. Lots...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This property has a number of very positive points, but it also exhibits two noticeably negative ones as well. Our stay involved multiple nights, so we had ample time to view both extremes.

The Inn is easily accessible from I-75. It is well situated in regards to nearby commercial areas. (A lucky find for us was the discovery of a really good Chinese restaurant, the China Village, in the nearby shopping center. We ended up having two meals—a lunch and a dinner—at this “surprise” spot).

The inn property has good “curb appeal.” It is nicely landscaped. The lobby and registration areas are attractive and have amenities such as fresh baked cookies, hot coffee, and comfortable seating. The desk personnel, without exception, were friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

Our room was large, nicely decorated, and included a microwave and small refrigerator. Our initial impression was positive. We found the inn to be clean and we were impressed with both front desk and housekeeping services. We also appreciated the outside swimming pool.

The first “negative” involved the A/C system. The temperature could be controlled, but the fan speed (surely set for Hurricane Category One speeds) could not be decreased. This quirk greatly decreased the quality of our in-room experience. The desk area and comfortable chairs were substantially unusable. I could not sit and work or read as I had anticipated. Sleep, likewise, was affected. It was too hot or too cold most of the night. In an attempt to get some comfort, we finally had to move some furniture to block some of the force of the cold air.

The second negative was the poor quality of some breakfast items. I basically survive on necessities like coffee and juice as starters and follow with items such as doughnuts, bacon, or sausage. On morning one there was precious little for me to eat—no doughnuts and no meat. I got by on coffee and orange juice. Subsequent mornings showed the arrival of sausage—or so it appeared. I have to honestly say that what I tried to eat had some slight resemblance to sausage, but it had to be the worst sausage-like product I had ever eaten.

My companion had less trouble than me. Her albatross was the unidentifiable “things” in the warmers that appeared to be eggs of some sort. They were so unappetizing that she declined to even try one. Coincidentally, we overheard two other individuals complain about the eggs as well. Apparently they had never encountered anything like them either.

The positives of our stay were substantially offset by the negatives. We did not feel we received full value for the room rate charged. Our experience was probably the least satisfactory lodging situation in twenty or so years.

Sad thing is the problems seemed so unnecessary and so easily corrected. Would we stay at this property again? Not likely. More importantly, we now view the whole Country Inn/Carlson brand with suspicion.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ColonelDoctorDennis
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We just completed 6 nights at this hotel. Country Inn and Suites is our favorite hotel to stay in when traveling. We were in the area to attend a family funeral and the staff was so wonderful.
The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The breakfast room is spotless and the food supply is always great. You have a choice of something hot or cereal, fruit, muffins, english muffins, bagels, various juices, coffee and tea. The ladies that work in the breakfast room are very friendly and helpful. The front desk staff is outstanding as well.....always friendly and helpful. They offer information of the area if you have a question you will always get an answer and if they should not know something they will find out for you.
We live in New Hampshire and are sorry that there are no Country Inns and Suites anywhere in our area for when we do have to travel locally in New England.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped let them know...they will give you a room that is just right for you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I traveled across Florida from Jupiter for a one night stay while I attended the Florida Elementary Music Educators fall workshop. In order to save my school a bit of money, we used some of our reward points to help defray the cost. I had been suffering with a pinched nerve in my back for several weeks before the trip, and treatments were slowly alleviating the not inconsiderable pain I was experiencing, especially while sitting in a vehicle for several hours! Upon arrival I could hardly walk, and for small charge, the desk clerk was able to upgrade us to a whirlpool suite. I stayed in that whirlpool most of the time when not attending the workshop! The bed was great, breakfast was nice enough. They were happy to let us have a late checkout for my husband, who was not attending the workshop with me, so he would have somewhere to hang out until later in the afternoon. The shopping center across the street was very convenient--we ate dinner at the Italian restaurant--great pizza, and at Publix we picked up a few snacks for the room and for my lunch at the workshop, and got some cash. We were very pleased with the whole experience and would not hesitate to stay there when we are in the area. There is a small workout room (I wasn't up to using it) and a pool (I would have used it but it rained the whole time).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The service in the breakfast area was superb. Great value at the AAA rate with a hot breakfast and great service; clean & comfy. Reception desk staff helpful & friendly. Going to stay at this chain more often.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We have been here for the past 3 nights and the staff and hotel have been excellent. We are currently waiting to move into our new home so we have been unsure when we need to check out. The staff have been great in working with us so that we can get new reservations made and keep the same room. We have the only adjoining room which has been great since we have a family of 6. This has allowed us to have rooms together and to also have a little privacy.

During breakfast the staff have been very helpful. And my kids have especially enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies. The location is very convenient to the freeway if you want to head into Sarasota. There are also plenty of restaurants and a grocery store nearby if you need anything.

This is my second time staying at this hotel and the service I have received this time is consistent with my last stay. So you know that this is the way that they always operate.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. Much cheaper than the Sarasota hotels and you are still close to the action.

Room Tip: Room 320 and 322 are adjoining rooms. Room 320 is booked as a king jacuzzi suite and 322 is an acces...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family