“Great atmosphere, great grilled BBQ wings & other items, good service”
Review of Lee Roy Selmon's - CLOSED

Lee Roy Selmon's
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Sarasota, Florida
“Great atmosphere, great grilled BBQ wings & other items, good service”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Lee Roy Selmon's is one of our regular lunch stops. Here's why: Nice overall atmosphere with darker lighting rather than bright lights that make you feel your on stage. Good service, rarely does a drink go unfilled long, attentive service. Their signature bbq grilled chicken wings are excellent. You must order some for the table and try 'em. They have many tasty dishes on the menu like their burger, pork sanwich, side of cheese grits & my favorite, their steak wedge salad. They always cook my steak the way I order, medium rare. At the end of our meal we're served with nice hot damp wash cloths to cleanup with which I love. Only dish I'd stay away from is their meatloaf.
Always a great experience here, enjoy, Brett B.

• Visited November 2011

University Park, Florida
“Great BBQ and lots of choices”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My friends headed there for GNO(Girls' Night Out) and had a great time. We decided to order a variety of items and share them all, since they had never been there before. We had the best pulled pork ever and their green beans have a different from usual, but great flavor. Also, the baked beans have the favorite old-time flavors. We also tried a chicken bruschetta salad and the Ahi tuna appetizer which was a fresh flavor but needs a more exciting sauce. They just had soy. The wines were decent for a BBQ place. But, they had plenty of other choices if you aren't fond of BBQ. It is also a great place to watch games. They have nice booths and if you get their early enough, you can get one that holds about 6-7 people which makes it fun. We watched part of the World Series while we were chatting and it just made for a fun evening and not very expensive!!

• Visited October 2011
Bradenton, Florida
“Dissapointed @ Lee Roy Selmon's”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

When I first went to Lee Roy Selmon's restaurant in Bradenton Fl. I was surprised by the great food and above and beyond service. That was 9 months ago. Since then the food taste and quality has gone down hill fast. I have been to this restaurant about 10 times hoping that they would fix the food problems but I'm sorry to say that has not happen . The service is still excellent.

• Visited September 2011
“Usually a good restaurant...”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Lee Roy Selmon's is not bad for a semi-chain restaurant, I've had good experiences at other locations. The food is good and there's plenty of it.
Unfortunately, on a recent trip there to this location, my husband ordered the smoked chicken, it wasn't cooked through so he sent it back. When the plate came back, the chicken was literally ice cold in the middle. It's unfortunate that they screwed something relatively simple twice, the manager was very kind and tried to offer us free meals which we declined. We're not going back only because of this incident at this location, we'd probably visit another location.

• Visited July 2011
Sarasota, Florida
“Great food, can get busy”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Love the fried green tomatoes, BBQ dinner rolls and the fried chicken!

• Visited June 2011