“Horse surfing is a totally unique experience!”
Review of BeachHorses

BeachHorses
More attraction details
Owner description: This is one of the few place in Florida where you can legally ride your horse on a beach. The calm waters and flat sandy bottom of Palma Sola Bay make it possible to ride on a horse that is swimming. This is the birthplace of Horse Surfing™. Horseback riding on the beach, swimming with horses, and Horse Skiing™ . Reservations required.
KomodoKween
“Horse surfing is a totally unique experience!”
Reviewed November 27, 2009

The term "horse surfing" sounded intriguing, and as my age didn't seem to be a limitation for this adventure, I decided to give it a try. I ride for pleasure back in Massachusetts, and had always wanted to ride a horse along the ocean shore.
This equine experience surpassed all my expectations and and provided more excitement than a 65 year old should have!
The guides were extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and were conciencious about making sure that we were given a horse suited to our experience level as we would ride bareback with only a pad and no stirrups.
We started off with a ride along the beach to get acclimated, and then it was time to enter the water, which the horses eagerly did. We were all laughing with joy at the experience of plowing thru the water on the back of our mounts, feeling the powerful muscles of the horse moving under you as the water swirled around the horses' shoulders and over their backs.
I had seen pictures on the web site of people standing up on the back of their horses and asked to try......I only stayed up a few seconds before I tumbled into the water, but I'll never forget the experience! On the return, our guides let the horses lead and we plunged thru the waves holding onto their manes. Awsome doesn't come close to describing this adventure.

Kent UK
“Novice or experienced rider - 'awesome!'”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Our daughter aged 15 is an experienced rider, our son aged 19 is far from it! He agreed to accompany his sister for this extraordinary experience. On the day he was most apprehensive, however after the ride his quote was 'that was absolutely awesome - I wouldn't have missed that for the world!' Asked if he would do it again, without hesitation he said 'Yes, without a doubt!' If you are horsey mad and experienced it was a fantastic unique experience, if you are a complete novice and a bit timid around horses, there is no need to be. Tim and the guides are brilliant - they are very relaxed and make you feel totally at ease. I actually think the more novice around horses you are the more you will get out of it. Fabulous attraction, highly recommended to all.

Frankfurt, Germany
“It was really exciting & fun. It is a must do in Bradenton for family and friends!”
Reviewed October 1, 2009

The main attraction is getting in the water with your horse.
The feeling ist great when you speed through the wet and the horse accelerates.
But do not worry it is just fun, not dangerous and you could do it with small children on your lap also.

You can operate the horse by yourself or you ask the guide to do it for you. Whatever makes you feel safe and happy.

Take a dry T-shirt & shorts .
You might get a little wet around your hips.

Charlotte
“I lost 40 pounds to have an experience I will never forget !!”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

When I saw the videos and pics on the web site , I knew I had to do it. The guides were exceptional and super friendly. I was extremly satisfied with our experience.

busafastone
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You have to do it a least once in your lifetime!!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Thanks To Tim and all the handlers.

My Husband and I went for my 40th Birthday, a ride I could not due do to Hurricane Bill on a Cruise to ST Maartin. I was very upset that I could not do it. So when we got back I found this beach ride. All I can say is that it more than made up for it. We had a absolute blast. We got the best pictures at dusk. I highly recommend it to anyone young or old. We can't wait to do it again. Thanks again guy's you were all so awesome.

P.S. Having our picture in the paper was very cool too!!!!!

Wayne and Kim Punta Gorda Florida