“Another item to cross off of my bucket list.”
Review of BeachHorses

BeachHorses
More attraction details
Owner description: This is one of the few place in Florida where you can legally ride your horse on a beach. The calm waters and flat sandy bottom of Palma Sola Bay make it possible to ride on a horse that is swimming. This is the birthplace of Horse Surfing™. Horseback riding on the beach, swimming with horses, and Horse Skiing™ . Reservations required.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Way more than my daughter and I expected. Swimming with the horses was so neat. My daughter loved the horse skiing!

timmttx, Owner at BeachHorses, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Awesome review! Thanks for sharing the love.

More that you expect is one of our little secrets. ;-) We don't tell everyone all of the fun stuff they're going to do so that (hopefully) they'll be pleasantly surprised by at least part(s) of their experience.

Thanks a millions for taking the time to review us! - Tim (owner)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was a great way to relax and enjoy the Bay in a completely different way. The girls were very informative and were wonderful to work with. The horses are very well trained and behaved very well.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
timmttx, Owner at BeachHorses, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

I'm so happy you enjoyed your experience! Thanks for your positive feedback.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We bought an hour ride for our 16 daughter (Tina) who has been riding for 4+ years. There were 2 other riders there as well. A mom and her 12 year old daughter who also had been riding for some time. The three horses were not well behaved. The horse that the 12 year old was on ran frantically down the beach and through the rider. It took the owners 5 to 10 minutes for them to get the horse back. The girl rode again and was once again off down the beach and thrown again. This time the horse was running down the middle of the road and ran off 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. During this time Tina was asked to wait on the horse until they got things under control. During the 1/2 hour that she was on the horse the horse was pulling, twisting and tugging, a sign it was agitated. After everything settled down they asked Tina if she wanted to continue and she refused because she felt the situation had gotten out of hand and even her horse was becoming uncontrollable. We asked for some of the money back due to the circumstances and was refused and then insulted by the owner through his constant texting to my wife. We filed a BBB complaint and lost out $165 to someone who was extremely disrespectful.

9  Thank Tom B

I refused to give Tom a refund because we provided his daughter Tina with a perfectly good horse. The situation was caused by another girl who did the opposite of what she was instructed to do and she fell off twice. The other girl's horse, and Tom's daughter's horse did exactly as they were asked to do by their riders.

It was Tina's choice to dismount and go home without riding. She was offered another horse but she refused. She was offered to be led on the horse like all of our non-riders. She refused.

We accept children as young as 3 years of age and even severely disabled people. So Tina could have ridden but she was afraid and too proud to admit that she couldn't ride as well as she had been led to believe.

Many parents coddle their children. And too many riding instructors take money from parents and make them believe their little girl is a great rider.

But riding an unfamiliar horse—bareback—in a wide open space is not the same as riding that same old horse every week in the same old riding ring.

Please keep this in mind. Our rides are non-refundable. If you claim to be an "expert" rider and then find yourself in a situation that you cannot handle, we will do everything we can to make you comfortable and enjoy your ride, but we do not give refunds.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My 16 year old daughter had been pestering me forever about riding a horse on the beach while away on vacation. We found BeachHorses and she and I were planning to try it. We had to talk the boys into driving us there because it was a long drive and we only had one car. We scheduled the ride during a family outing, since the horse ride only took an hour. As we were making our reservations, I decided at the last minute to just let my daughter do the ride without me. The decision was partly because of the price, which was high for a one-hour ride, but also because she's a much better rider and I didn't want her worrying about me. It was the right decision. Accomplished riders are permitted to canter down the beach (though bareback on an unfamiliar horse, without a helmet on, I was more than a little nervous.) I was able to take pictures of this and also of her in the water standing on the horse, etc. I wish I had brought my better camera with the long lens because they were pretty far away when they went into the water. I even took pictures of the other people in the small group and forwarded them via email, which the people really appreciated. It all worked out great. My daughter had the time of her life, cherishes that picture of herself on the horse in a swimsuit, and we couldn't have been happier with the whole event. Advice: If you're not comfortable riding a horse bareback, think twice about doing this. The one older lady in the group had an awful time because she was not a horse rider. Other notes - No restrooms are very close by, so have your swimsuit on beforehand. Bring dry clothes for afterward. Also, my daughter wore shorts over the swimsuit, but once in the water, the shorts created too much drag. And go barefoot. Seems odd on a horse, but once again, less drag in the water. That's it! The smiles and memories were well worth the cost! Enjoy!

1  Thank CB3JC
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Great to do in the warm months, definitely not a winter pastime as the water is way too cold...sandy beach and bring your bathing suit

1  Thank A_Drake37