“Experience of a lifetime.”
Review of BeachHorses

BeachHorses
More attraction details
Owner description: This is one of the few place in Florida where you can legally ride your horse on a beach. The calm waters and flat sandy bottom of Palma Sola Bay make it possible to ride on a horse that is swimming. This is the birthplace of Horse Surfing™. Horseback riding on the beach, swimming with horses, and Horse Skiing™ . Reservations required.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter said her vacation on a scalescale of 1-10 was 1,000,000! This was something she will never forget. My husband and I stood in amazement watching her ride not only on the beach but in the water a well. If you love horses definitely this if for you

All reviews
"waterproof camera"
"experience level"
"hour ride"

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Gave this to my 11 year old granddaughter, who has been riding for 3 years, as a Christmas gift. Her Mom, who rode as a child, accompanied her. We had a late in the day reservation and by then it was quite breezy and a little on the chilly side. Both daughter and granddaughter were a little concerned. What a difference when they returned! Granddaughter said it was the best EVER! The beach part of the ride is important to get everyone comfortable but is not too exciting. The water part, however, had them both hooting, hollering, and yippeeing! As it turned out, the water was nice and warm and "tail-surfing" was an amazing experience. They loved all of it! Granddaughter can't wait to get back to her "barn" in North Carolina to show the pictures and video and tempt the other riders with her FANTASTIC experience! The guides were wonderful and seemed to enjoy the experience as much as the visitors!

We did try to do this a year ago in December, 2011, but the weather was cold and that is no fun at all. Unfortunately the cold Feb. and March has been a problem for a lot of tourist businesses down here. Tim, the owner, was kind enough to give us a break this time. Can't understand some of the other comments. Tim is very busy but very responsive and this group has a wonderful reputation among locals (I live here). Highly recommend this unique experience!!!!!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

First, let me be clear if you are as dense as I was and was thinking beach = ocean. It is not in the ocean. Palma Del Sol is more of an inlet, just a small stretch of land between highway and what is more of a lake. Ok fair enough, not their fault. They use rescue horses which is wonderful and they get 10 stars for saving these guys. They lead you up and down the beach several times, which was ok with me as I am old and don't wish to break a sour horse on the trail. It was cold and windy the day we went (73), so I chose not to go in. My husband went in and said the water was warm (which he always lies and says that, so I can't trust him). I chatted with the owners and it was very relaxing. Hub went in and said it was very exciting and fun. Later, when I took our Border Collie in, it WAS warm and I could have killed my husband :o( Not their fault and we may go back when in the area again. A bit pricey for what it actually is, but it costs a lot to feed a horse these days.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The water was cold, so we weren't allowed in. They told us they would tack up but they didn't. I have been riding 8 1/2 years and the horse I was on was *not* kid broke at all. We just walked up and down a "beach". To me it felt like a sandbar in between a bay and the highway. Literally. I was bored and my feet were totally numb by the end. The "guides" weren't rude, but they weren't necessarily polite. I was hoping it would be the highlight of the week, but it definitely wasn't. Very disappointed and not worth the money. Would never do it with this group again.

5  Thank Nicole H