“Guides are the nicest part of the experience!”
Review of BeachHorses

BeachHorses
More attraction details
Owner description: This is one of the few place in Florida where you can legally ride your horse on a beach. The calm waters and flat sandy bottom of Palma Sola Bay make it possible to ride on a horse that is swimming. This is the birthplace of Horse Surfing™. Horseback riding on the beach, swimming with horses, and Horse Skiing™ . Reservations required.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

First, let me be clear if you are as dense as I was and was thinking beach = ocean. It is not in the ocean. Palma Del Sol is more of an inlet, just a small stretch of land between highway and what is more of a lake. Ok fair enough, not their fault. They use rescue horses which is wonderful and they get 10 stars for saving these guys. They lead you up and down the beach several times, which was ok with me as I am old and don't wish to break a sour horse on the trail. It was cold and windy the day we went (73), so I chose not to go in. My husband went in and said the water was warm (which he always lies and says that, so I can't trust him). I chatted with the owners and it was very relaxing. Hub went in and said it was very exciting and fun. Later, when I took our Border Collie in, it WAS warm and I could have killed my husband :o( Not their fault and we may go back when in the area again. A bit pricey for what it actually is, but it costs a lot to feed a horse these days.

All reviews
"waterproof camera"
"experience level"
"hour ride"

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The water was cold, so we weren't allowed in. They told us they would tack up but they didn't. I have been riding 8 1/2 years and the horse I was on was *not* kid broke at all. We just walked up and down a "beach". To me it felt like a sandbar in between a bay and the highway. Literally. I was bored and my feet were totally numb by the end. The "guides" weren't rude, but they weren't necessarily polite. I was hoping it would be the highlight of the week, but it definitely wasn't. Very disappointed and not worth the money. Would never do it with this group again.

5  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I highly recommend this. It's a little expensive, but so worth it. My husband gave this to me for my 62nd birthday present. The guides are wonderful and make it fun. My favorite was holding on to the horses' tail and being pulled in the surf. What a blast. I even stood on the back of the horse. Not bad for a 62 year old grandmom! Don't forget to tip your guide.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband searched and gave me this bucket list item to check off for Christmas while we visited Florida. It was a wonderful experience! My horse was a little stubborn for me about going off on my own, but the guides were great and the water experience was so much fun! My kids were able to approach the horses with no problem and that was an extra bonus. We paid for the photographer and she was also wonderful! Overall, I would recommend this unique experience to those looking to have their Black Stallion moment with some extra frills in the water.

1  Thank Carrie S
See more reviews
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My son and I loved this tour. We had dolphins swimming nearby and the water was great for us and the horses. Did this on a 90 plus degree day. My son was able to horse surf and we all went horse skiing. All I can say is it looks much easier to balance on the horse than it is. Our guides were terrific and the respect they had for the animals was easy to see. I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting in the Sarasota/Bradenton areas.