“Pizza should be a food group.”

Vertoris Pizza House
Ranked #15 of 500 Restaurants in Bradenton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Parrish, Florida
“Pizza should be a food group.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited this place after seeing it as number 2 on the list of restaurants in Bradenton. I was not disappointed.

Service was warm and friendly, every employee I interacted with was welcoming, and nearly jolly.

Pizza was top-notch. They offer a lot of toppings I don't see many other places (broccoli anyone?) and each, with the exception of the ham (which was moderate quality instead of top, no biggie) was superb quality. All for a pleasingly reasonable price. My 10 inch "Butcher shop" or meat lover's pizza in layman's terms, was a cool $10, and came with 6 types of meat I believe.

They also have some wines and beers here. Didn't try them but they aerate the wine so it's likely good.

As a warning to anyone visiting, it did take me a bit of time to find. It is a tiny building wedged into a shopping center, look for the Dollar General.

Cheers!

• Visited April 2013

“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

,One of the best pizza restaurants in the Sarasota area! Be sure to have Rick wait on you! (He's the dad!)

Visited April 2013
1 Thank zeds
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent vegan selection!! (:”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My two teen daughters and I stopped at this restaurant for some vegan food; we were on vacation from Wisconsin. The vegan appetizers and pizza were excellent!! We loved it and will be back the next time we are in Florida. Thank you!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank rubybbbb
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“always eat here when in the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I traveled 4 hours across Florida to eat at Vertoris on our 31st anniversary last week. Whenever we are in the Bradenton/Sarasota area we go out of our way to eat at Vertoris. I have celiac disease so I must eat gluten free food, and this is the best G-F Italian restaurant I have ever eaten at. The lasagna and the eggplant parm sub (grinder) are always excellent, very flavorful, and the french fries are light and crispy, perfectly done. The flourless chocolate cake is like a cross between a mousse and fudge, with either raspberry or caramel drizzle, sinful! The G-F menu is a whole page of specially made items, not just a few items listed from the main menu that happen to be G-F. They have G-F beer, G-F appetizers, G-F desserts, G-F pizza, G-F focaccia, etc, etc. These folks are very aware of cross-contamination so don't be afraid to eat in an Italian restaurant. It is heaven to a celiac. Just a tiny place in a strip mall, no atmosphere, family run, friendly. My husband also eats the G-F food and loves it--P.S.: he is not a celiac. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank DebraK681
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I came in this past weekend with my sister and niece. My niece requires a gluten free diet so this was perfect as there is an entire section of the menu which is gluten free. We ordered the cheese sticks, pepperoni pizza, cheese pizza, and eggplant parm, salads and desserts. I am looking forward to going back and trying the rest of the items on the menu, The food was excellent, service was very good. Vertoris is family owned and you get that feel when dining there. I will be back and definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!

• Visited March 2013