“Yummy”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I came in this past weekend with my sister and niece. My niece requires a gluten free diet so this was perfect as there is an entire section of the menu which is gluten free. We ordered the cheese sticks, pepperoni pizza, cheese pizza, and eggplant parm, salads and desserts. I am looking forward to going back and trying the rest of the items on the menu, The food was excellent, service was very good. Vertoris is family owned and you get that feel when dining there. I will be back and definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!

2  Thank David K

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Vetoris GF pizza is, by far, the best GF pizza I have had since being diagnosed with Celiac (20 yrs ago). Their thin GF crust is very tasty and the double cheese GF crust is delicious! The toppings are always very fresh. My husband and I live in Michigan and have vacationed in Florida the last 3 years and make a point to stop by Vertoris for pizza whenever possible. Vertoris is small but cozy with a very friendly, accommodating customer service.

2  Thank Sally w
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I visited this pizza place based on the reviews here on trip adviser and sadly we were surprised at the restaurant's interior. Decor is not something that makes a restaurant but this was disappointing. The pizza was over priced with little toppings for the price paid. The dough was fresh and taste was very good even though the toppings were sparse. Perhaps we should have tried the meals, they seemed to be quite generous in portions. The service was a gentleman who was perhaps a relative of the owners, with little personality and almost a "I really don't want to be working" attitude.

The cook or cooks, we really couldn't tell, because on of the cook's took off for apparently a delivery halfway through our dining process.

My wife had a soup well prepared and I had a very small $4 side salad before our 10" $13 pizza,my wife had an extra $1 added for wheat flour dough,.
No drinks other than water with lemon and our meal with tax was $42. This is a bit much for a pizza place, maybe the rent is too high, sorry guys we won't be back.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

It is true that this tiny local restaurant has a GF and DF menu... it is true also that they do have decent enough food. Unfortunately, it is true that their customer service is so abysmal that any enjoyment you might have at their culinary offerings is completely offset by how unwelcome you will be made to feel at this establishment.
Before going there with some good friends (one of whom is on a GF diet), we checked out their website and found a menu with a good variety and a coupon program. I enrolled in that program and received a buy one, get one 50% off text coupon. We went to the restaurant and attempted to use the coupon, only to be told that the restaurant would NOT honor it because it was good for the "next visit"... the server then spent the rest of the evening glaring at us, messing up the orders and making us feel as unwelcome as possible. He could not answer even the most basic of questions and we left the restaurant knowing that we have no intention of ever returning.
I will give it this: the food is fairly good, but you will need to be ridiculously specific on your order to make sure that it comes out right, and they do boast that GF menu. If you want a combination of good food, friendly service and a clean restaurant, I would strongly suggest that you look elsewhere since you will not find it here.

1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've eaten a lot of pizza in my life. My favorite is baked in a wood oven. While baked in a traditional oven, Trip Advisor gave good reviews to this place and since we were staying in Bradenton, I talked my husband into driving about 20 or 25 min. to Vertoris. The strip mall it's in is not impressive, but lots of restaurants are located in malls so we weren't put off by it. The two guys waiting tables were a lot of fun! They liked to tease and kibbitz with the patrons and I like that. The biggest pizza they make was huge! I liked the hand tossed crust, not the super thin cracker style they also sell. The pizza was very good. Not as good as a wood fired, but good enough. The antipasto we ordered was excellent. I liked this place!

1  Thank 967Jan