“Best place in Dayton I have ever stayed”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I travel to Dayton 3 times a year (staying 7 days each time) and have stayed in many places on Miller Lane but this Hawthorn Suites Hotel (only one street further away from Miller Lane) was by far the best and will be staying there whenever I come to Dayton. The room quality, service, price, etc. was all excellent.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

Dear BillBam,
Thank you for your positive review. I am glad you had a pleasant stay. I hope you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast buffet that is served daily as well as our Wednesday Evening Managers Reception with light dinner.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 9, 2010

The room was bigger than my first apartment. Had a full kitchen, bath, Internet, more than basic cable, and a pullout couch bed. All at an incredible price point. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Dear DR. Joe_C,
Thank you for your favorable review. As you noted our suites are larger than average hotel rooms with more amenities. Our full kitchen has a stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and is stocked with pots, pans, dishes all you need!
We look forward to your next visit to Dayton.

Reviewed October 28, 2010

Excellent hotel & value for the price good location and very excellent free breakfast!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2010

was stranded at Dayton airport due to an overbooked flight, called my son to book me a room for the night on expedia, while he was reciting the list of available rooms and rates, I confused this chain with another and since it was priced fairly at about $70 a night. Isaid ok. It is barely five minutes away from the airport, but separated from the cluster of airport hotels by the interrstate. When I saw the hotel and reralisedf it was not the brand that I thought, I was ,menatlly resigning myself to being less than satisfied. What a lovely surprise. It was as close to perfect as a suite hotel could be. Recently renovated, it was just wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We used our Wyndham reward points to stay here, so it didn't cost us anything. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. We had a cute little suite on an upper floor towards the back of the property. It had a full kitchen, pots and pans, most anything you would need. I wished it had been a little cooler, as there was a fireplace! Would have loved to use that! It was a little walk to breakfast, but it was worth it! We got alot more than the usual continental breakfast. There were 2 staff members working the breakfast area, one restocking the items, and the other cleaning behind other guests. I was impressed! This is an older property, but were very pleased with everything!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The rooms are very spacious and clean. Great value for what you get. Breakfast was very good. The staff was friendly and the hotel is in a safe and convenient location. Very glad we chose to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We had the two bedroom/ two bath room. Very nicely decorated and some minor wear on trim , tile and carpet. Bedroom was dark enough to sleep in. The morning breakfast was great - plenty of variety and it was constantly replenished. Only complaint is the common wall...could hear the water/showers running from other rooms each morning. Minor given the convenience to the highway and proximity to restaurants but not on a busy road.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family