“very impressed - would definitely recommend”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed September 6, 2010

my husband and i stayed here on our wedding night. we got married in dayton and wanted a place to crash before we headed out on our honeymoon the next day. we were thrilled with how cost-effective this place was, yet how nice it was! when my husband booked, he told them it would be our wedding night, and they upgraded us to the pent-house for no additional cost. let me tell you this, too: the bed was like sleeping on a cloud! although we have travelled all over the place and have slept in many hotels in our day, this place still sticks out in our memory.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2010

Since this hotel is across I-75 from the big strip with all the hotels and restaurants, it is convenient yet doesn't have the noise issue you may have over on the strip. Room was nice, kitchen was clean. But I kept getting a whiff of 'feet'. My guess is that they are not steam cleaning the carpet...this should be done several times a year. Bathroom and sink area was clean (I like the sinks outside of the room with the toilet and shower, so this was nice), but the plaque that goes around the outlets kept falling off...it wasn't screwed down. Some friends of mine who also stayed here for this weekend complained of the smell of feet (again), and cigarettes. Ohio is smoke free, and has been for years. So to still have a room smelling of smoke tells me that again the carpeting is not being properly cleaned, the curtains and the pillows were never replaced. And lastly, the food on the breakfast bar in the warming dishes was cold.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My husband and 5 year old daughter stayed here ....it was like having your own little two level apartment we had the Penthouse suite...which included Two bedrooms a King and Queen .....Two bathrooms which really came in handy....a living room area with a fire place.....which we didnt use of course, but we are coming back in the Winter to enjoy the fire place.....you have a full Kitchen with everything you would need in order to prepare a good meal....and then there is a dish washer for when you are finish.....the suite was very clean !!!! and the employees are very nice ....the free breakfast was good as well with hot and cold food....the location is great with shopping and resturants all around you .......My family and I look forward to coming bach to the Hawthorn Suites

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We came down for the Dayton Air Show. Booked the hotel far in advance of the date. Was reading some of the other reviews of the hotel and was getting nervous. We were extremely pleased and happy with this hotel from the moment we checked in until we left. Our room was clean, neat & tidy. It was better than we expected. We were on the upper floor at the back (had a great view of the BMW dealership next door) so it was really quiet back there. Being next to a major highway wasn't a deterrent as there was a cement barrier up so you didn't get the noise. Across the road was shopping and restaurants. Now, that area looked to be noisy so I'm glad we were where we were. When we asked for directions to the Air Force Museum, they printed them out for us. Someone there always knew where something was. My husband & I plan to come down again and will stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank enogca
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We booked this hotel as a stop on our way back to Detroit from Kentucky. Seemed like a good location along our route to stop due to traveling with our baby boy. The man at check in was helpful and friendly, but when we got to our room we were very disappointed. The place was very dated despite the write-up stating that it had been renovated recently. There were snags on the carpet, the air coming through the vents smelled musty, there were fruit flies or some
type of bugs in the kitchen and a fly swatter hanging in the closet, so obviously a bug problem. I was afraid to let my 10-month old touch anything. We ended up resting there and checking out at 10pm, driving the rest of the way to Detroit because we were so uncomfortable. I called the front desk to tell them we were checking out and we were offered another room, but we declined. It was better just to take the loss of our $65 and go home. This certainly did not seem like a 3 star establishment. Would not return!

Reviewed May 18, 2010

Wonderful value, location and accomodations. Very nice staff, decent breakfast and clean rooms. A very nice alternative to one room hotels.

Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My husband and I attended the Dayton Hamvention and stayed at the Hawthorn Suites. The room included a full kitchen, a couch and fireplace, queen bed, and bathroom area (sink area seperate from toilet and tub).
Check in was easy and the girls at the front desk were very friendly.
The suite was very clean and spacious for the two of us. The suite itself just needs some updating. The counter tops in both the kitchen and bathroom sink area were very worn and yellowing. The floor tiles in the bathroom were falling apart and the reddish rug was falling apart in some areas. If you get a downstairs suite, you will hear the people above you walking around.
The location of the hotel was on the other side of Rt 75 from all the other hotels and shopping and dining area. This was actually an advantage. Our side was quiet and had very little if no traffic. When we ventured to the other side for dinner, it was very congested!
For the price we paid, it was a good value and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business