Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
$115
$169
$80
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenthe penthousequeen bedhot breakfastliving areaenjoyed my staycoffee makerstaff was friendlyyogurtfireplacedishwasherdonnaamberhighwaywalmart
Reviewed April 25, 2010

My wife and I stayed here over Easter weekend. We had a clean comfortable room which was more like a studio apartment. Full kitchen area, separate seating area with sofa etc. We had a noisy fellow guest above us who wore spike heels up and down the stairs at 6 a.m. both days. The mattress on the bed has seen better days and should really be replaced. The hot breakfast was O.K. although both days the breakfast room was quite busy, some of the guests seemed to hang out there taking up table space longer than necessary. I don't know if the hotel was full while we were there. If it was not full then the breakfast room could be very busy when they have no vacancies. Overall for the price though and location near I-75 & I-70 I don't think you can do better in the Dayton area. I did the research and I would agree with the other reviewers on this page.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We stayed at the Hawthorne Suites for one night hoping to go to the Air Force Museum the next day. Unfortunately, there was a snowstorm the day we were going to do that and we had an afternoon flight. We took an early morning flight out of Dayton instead, so we didn't really get to fully enjoy the hotel. However, what we did see, we really enjoyed. The Hawthorne Suites is an old Residence Inn that Marriott must have sold to Hawthorne. The rooms are very spacious and clean. We were there on Valentines night and when I noticed that the front desk sold those fake fire logs, I asked if the rooms had fireplaces. The front desk clerk said that the room he was going to assign us to did not, but he was willing to switch us to one that did have a fireplace. So that was a nice treat for a cold (at least on the outside) Valentines night. The location is convenient, albeit not very picturesque. It is located on a road that parallels I-75, so you are treated to all of the chain restaurants and hotels that line our nation's interstate highways. In summary, the staff was helpful; rooms were nice and spacious, however dated; the location was convenient to the interstates (70 and 75); and the price was very competitive.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Dirty rooms. Inconsistent Room cleaning from staff. Brekfast buffet nice but poorly maintained and items frequently run out. Staff not too concerned about movig quickly to replenish. Bed horrible and sags in middle. Coworker reported same issues with his room. Heating went out last night and had to relocate to a different hotel with a not-very-apologetic staff. So many other better hotels in area for same price. Not worth it at all.

Reviewed January 20, 2010

A very economical option, comfortable with fireplace and plenty of space. Good service, clean. Only drawback was noise from patrons upstairs from our unit. We'd stay here again, but will request upstairs unit.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2010

We stayed here in Dec. for two days went to the air force museum Room was very nice . Breakfest buffet was very good all in all very good no complants.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple