“Overall the Hawthorn Suites Dayton North was excellent.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Ranked #20 of 46 Hotels in Dayton
“Overall the Hawthorn Suites Dayton North was excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Very clean rooms, great service, value was amazing, the location is great I even asked the maintenance man Mr. Gene to do something small and he was very professional about it. I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Lala C
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel, it is awesome to hear that we are doing our job at keeping our hotel nice and clean for our guest. I have also passed your comments along to Mr. Gene, he is definitely a strong part of our foundation here, and we very much appreciate you pointing out your experience with him. We look forward to seeing you very very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I stopped for a nights rest on our way to Toledo. Although the pool was full of noisy kids, our nights sleep was restful and quiet. The propriety is a little tried, it was clean and comfortable. A great value. Terrance at the front desk was professional and articulate. The suite had everything we needed, was a great place to spend the night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dclsr
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel, it is awesome to hear that we are doing our job at keeping our hotel nice and clean for our guest. I have also passed your comments along to my Guest Services Associate Terrence, he is definitely a strong part of our foundation here, and we very much appreciate you pointing out your experience with him. We look forward to seeing you very very soon!
From Here to There
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Really and truly and nasty experience. This is a former Residence Inn that was purchased by Hawthorn (Wyndham). The only redeeming factor about the hotel is the front desk staff were friendly…not necessarily competent, but they were friendly. I felt unsafe from the moment I entered the parking lot…lots of rusted out cars and even someone sleeping in their car. There were at least 30 kids in the pool, which normally would only be an inconvenience of timing…needing to wait till the group thinned out…but in this case, the kids weren't guests of the hotel. Area parents had brought them there to use the pool…and they stayed in the pool for over 6 hours! The room itself was just disgusting…pleasantly furnished upon first glance, but filthy and in general disrepair after looking around…holes in the walls, fireplace door broken, broken bedroom door handle, multiple stains on walls, dried mucous or semen clump on our sheet, sticky film on floors and counters, chunks of food on the walls, smelled of cigarettes, cracked door frame, broken lamp shade, I could go on and on. Anyway, we couldn't sleep there and ended up leaving late that evening and checking into another hotel less than a mile away. I thought about complaining to the manager and asking for a refund, but instead felt it better for the public and whatever corporate entity owns this property to find out about the vile conditions at this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DirtyBedspread
Newnan, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel needs to be updated. Its run down. You can only stand on the balcony, thats just how small it is. It need repairs. The furniture is outdated, the carpet & tile needs replacing bad. Its time for new beds. It was very uncomfortable & loud. Also we found bed bugs. This is a ranned down hotel, i will NEVER stay in this dump again. The breakfast was nasty the potatoes was half done. We had a very bad experience.. The hotel wants you to give them 5stars & you could win a night free. Hell i only give them 1/2 star.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Altomeise
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback to us about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced. Since the staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and a comfortable stay for all of our guests, I am saddened to read that we were unable to do this for you.
Ludlow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I fell in love with the place when I walked. my last 4 nights had been terrible and this was a great change of pace. The small kitchen, a fireplace and big bathroom area and great bed, everything was laid out perfectly.

Room Tip: this is a great value, don't hesitate to stay here.