“Was pleasantly suprised.”

Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Palm Coast, Florida
“Was pleasantly suprised.”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I stopped for a nights rest on our way to Toledo. Although the pool was full of noisy kids, our nights sleep was restful and quiet. The propriety is a little tried, it was clean and comfortable. A great value. Terrance at the front desk was professional and articulate. The suite had everything we needed, was a great place to spend the night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dclsr
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel, it is awesome to hear that we are doing our job at keeping our hotel nice and clean for our guest. I have also passed your comments along to my Guest Services Associate Terrence, he is definitely a strong part of our foundation here, and we very much appreciate you pointing out your experience with him. We look forward to seeing you very very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Newnan, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel needs to be updated. Its run down. You can only stand on the balcony, thats just how small it is. It need repairs. The furniture is outdated, the carpet & tile needs replacing bad. Its time for new beds. It was very uncomfortable & loud. Also we found bed bugs. This is a ranned down hotel, i will NEVER stay in this dump again. The breakfast was nasty the potatoes was half done. We had a very bad experience.. The hotel wants you to give them 5stars & you could win a night free. Hell i only give them 1/2 star.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Altomeise
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback to us about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced. Since the staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and a comfortable stay for all of our guests, I am saddened to read that we were unable to do this for you.
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I fell in love with the place when I walked. my last 4 nights had been terrible and this was a great change of pace. The small kitchen, a fireplace and big bathroom area and great bed, everything was laid out perfectly.

Room Tip: this is a great value, don't hesitate to stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like your's it always gives me great pleasure. My staff and I strive to make every guest's stay completely enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.
Aiea
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've stayed at hotels all over the world, and I would have to say this was the most filthiest, dirtiest dwelling place. The exterior of the hotel is so deceptive. It appears like a very well-kept establishment. However, the moment we entered our room (bottom level); we knew we were in for a shock. Overall, the rooms have a 1970s feel with overwhelming dust particulate everywhere. My wife turned back the sheets and noticed make-up, footprints and dirt on the pillow cases. We immediately went to the front desk to obtain a new set of sheets. One of the lamps in the room was broke. They replaced it the next day. The lighting was fairly dim and the tiling had a lingering greasy feel. The linen including the duvet were dingy, torn and had stains. The internet connection was sub-standard; typically only had 1-2 bars for Wi-Fi. The carpets (see pictures) were torn and in desperate need of replacement. The dishwasher had standing water in it. We had to get our keys re-updated about 4 times (only stayed there 4 nights). The breakfast: fruit had that tangy, non-fresh taste, omelets tasted like rubber, juices were not fresh; we stopped going after the second day....went to McDonalds. They do not have a business center, however the staff does work with you to print/copy stuff. The fitness room is on the second level of the check-in area (looked like an abandoned warehouse). There were visible loose cords and broken equipment on the way to the room. We didn't use the pool/volleyball court, but never saw anyone use them. The staff were friendly and professional, but the management leaves LOTS of room to be desired. This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at and I will never stay at a Hawthorn Suites again.

Room Tip: If you want to throw away money, please stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank C B

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly.I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.