“We stayed at this hotel on Christmas while visiting family...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Christmas while visiting family. The two bedroom "penthouse" was quite spacious however we found the furnishings to be very dated and old including the bedding, televisions and kitchen appliances. The heating was hard to regulate...either too hot or too cold. The sofa bed was also very old and uncomfortable. The penthouse was perfect for a family and the price was reasonable however a updated makeover is definitely needed. The carpet also seemed rather dirty...definitely would not walk on it in bare feet!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. We are in the process of updating a lot of our furnishings. Please know we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

And for longer stays. It is an entire suit with kitchen, living room, etc. for a good price, with good hot free breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that my staff took great care of you; your review made my day and I appreciate that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed two nights at Hawthorn Dayton North . It was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing. Eggs, sausage, gravy, as well as an assortment of muffins, bagels, and breads, cereal, and juice. The staff that we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. This is the second time we've stayed here and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are on the upper level and required a walk up wooden outdoor steps. Of course, Ohi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast; your review made my day and I appreciate that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I would recommend this hotel. It was clean quiet and very comfy bed. We even had a fire! Logs are $7 each but well worth it. We stopped on a Wednesday Night and there was a FREE social dinner ( stew, buns and homemade cookies yum ) The breakfast was great hot and cold, fresh fruit etc. coffee was amazing. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 2.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that my staff took great care of you; your review made my day and I appreciate that. I love to hear you enjoyed the social so much! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Kathy

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The night I spent was fantastic!! The room was amazing and definitely worth what I paid! The only issue I had was a taxi ride from the airport was $30. I wish this hotel would have had a shuttle. I loved it here!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like your's it always gives me great pleasure. My staff and I strive to make every guest's stay completely enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

A Very Clean property with an extremely friendly and helpful staff. At all stages of my stay the staff checked to ensure that I had everything I needed. The breakfast in the morning was the icing on the cake!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo