“Very pleasant stay.”

Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Very pleasant stay.”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed two nights at Hawthorn Dayton North . It was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing. Eggs, sausage, gravy, as well as an assortment of muffins, bagels, and breads, cereal, and juice. The staff that we dealt with were very friendly and helpful. This is the second time we've stayed here and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are on the upper level and required a walk up wooden outdoor steps. Of course, Ohi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast; your review made my day and I appreciate that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I would recommend this hotel. It was clean quiet and very comfy bed. We even had a fire! Logs are $7 each but well worth it. We stopped on a Wednesday Night and there was a FREE social dinner ( stew, buns and homemade cookies yum ) The breakfast was great hot and cold, fresh fruit etc. coffee was amazing. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 2.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that my staff took great care of you; your review made my day and I appreciate that. I love to hear you enjoyed the social so much! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Kathy
Berne
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The night I spent was fantastic!! The room was amazing and definitely worth what I paid! The only issue I had was a taxi ride from the airport was $30. I wish this hotel would have had a shuttle. I loved it here!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like your's it always gives me great pleasure. My staff and I strive to make every guest's stay completely enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.
Baytown, Texas, Usa
Reviewed January 4, 2014

A Very Clean property with an extremely friendly and helpful staff. At all stages of my stay the staff checked to ensure that I had everything I needed. The breakfast in the morning was the icing on the cake!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It's great to hear that my staff took great care of you; your review made my day and I appreciate that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We totally enjoyed our stay here and would do it again. Great value for the money! Love the way it felt like our own little apartment. The staff was very helpful. I loved the bed, it was soft. Plus we had a kitchen!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Knowing we were on a strict budget for our annual trip to Ohio, we were checking all the deals sites when we stumbled upon the Hawthorn for about $45 a night. Having lived in the area a few years back, I knew the area wasn't 100% (it certainly isn't bad, however), but I had a hard time believing that this place could be good for the price. But as we were staying for a week and needed at the very least a fridge and microwave, the thought of a full kitchen was a deal maker for us.

Arriving right at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, check-in was quick and painless. I found out that if you book through a 3rd party, your wyndham rewards won't be credited for your stay, but that this property at least will match whatever price you find online. So make sure you call to book your reservation if you want your rewards points.

Finding our room was easy, this property isn't terribly huge and all the units are arranged 12 to a building with about 6 or 7 buildings. Our suite was on the first floor in the back, so our view was the side of the Volvo dealership next door, but nobody comes to Dayton for the view. Our room was spacious, with a full kitchen stocked with all the cooking supplies you will need, a huge bathroom area and 3 closets. The bed was fairly comfortable, but not as good as some places I've stayed in the past. No complaints however. The room also had a fireplace, but you are required to use a compressed wood log (available at the front desk for $6 or walmart across the street for $3.75) and a nice living area.

This property has a no-smoking policy in the rooms, so if you smoke and its winter time, prepare to freeze. Of course, each bottom floor room has a patio area, so you have your own smoking area, but bring an ash tray for your butts. Wifi was easy to connect to and free, however it required a web-based password which made my Roku a pain to get working. Lucky for me, I travel with a spare router, so I got the Roku to work and was able to watch Plex and Netflix from the nice flat TV.

Breakfast is free and is buffet style. Each day was different, but they all had eggs of some sort, potatoes and a meat of some sort. Decent and free, but if you want gourmet, go across the street.

All in all, our 6 nights were pleasant here. I plan on staying here again in the future if a similar deal can be worked out. It was the perfect price for what you get. I'd pay a little bit more, but probably no more than $60 for this unit. My only complaint would be the upstairs neighbors. The floors are pretty hollow, so you can hear folks walking upstairs.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Its nice that you wrote in so many wonderful aspects of our hotel. It's great to hear that my staff took great care of you; your review made my day and I appreciate that. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Please call the hotel directly or email me anytime at daytongm@5shm.com to set up future reservations.
Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The room was very big including a kitchen and dishwasher. New Panasonic flat screen TV and a couch. We go there Wednesday night and they have a meet n' greet Wednesdays so we got free meatball subs and soft drinks. The hot buffet breakfast in the morning was quite good. There's a fun pizza bar/restaurant and a Mexican restaurant only a 6 minute walk away. Front desk staff was super friendly. I would definitely recommend the Hawthorn Suites.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor require a walk up two flights of stairs.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like your's it always gives me great pleasure. My staff and I strive to make every guest's stay completely enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Also glad to hear you enjoyed the meatball subs!! Please know we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.