“Hotel was nice but could use a little updating. Some...”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Dayton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We are originally from Dayton, we visited this location during Thanksgiving to visit family and friends and wanted a place that was spacious.
I made a reservation, and did request a first floor room. One in our party had surgery and couldn't use stairs.
That said, we did notify the hotel we would be arriving around 12 midnight due to travelling.
When we arrived, the check in clerk was a bit short with me, stating she had an issue with my credit card I used to reserve the room and that she had cancelled my reservation. I was a bit perplexed because she attempted to charge my room on my card but at an amount that was $50 more than the amount of our stay. I was perplexed, and upset, because I had just driven 6 hours and now this?!?! One thing I would like to say is that when you make a reservation your phone number is listed. She provided that document to me to sign, and my cell number was in plain sight. A phone call would have been a better way to rectify this problem versus jumping all over me the minute I walked in to check in!
I stated my displeasure at the way things were going, and she did have a room on the first floor for us and stated she gave me a discount. I didn't notice any discount on our bill, I paid the full amount.

Room was clean and well stocked with towels, toiletries, etc.

Carpet was clean but it really needs replaced!!

The breakfast was nice; the day staff (Will) were super pleasant and friendly. The breakfast area lady was super sweet and friendly.

All the staff, with the exception of the overnight check in clerk, were nice and friendly. I just wish this location would update as far as carpet and paint. We stayed here about 6 years ago and they were supposedly updating then but I don't see it.

We will stay here again for sure, good deal for the money.

Room Tip: This hotel is on the opposite side of the highway of the 'restaurant row'. We know our way a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MrsMopar
Kathy L, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, December 5, 2013

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why our mission is to provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price that guests want to come back to. I have used your review as learning tool and will continue to promote great customer service.
Carlisle
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hotel is a good value for the money. Don't like the policy of no room cleaning on the weekend. Towels should be replaced without asking.
Rooms were clean and staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Jesse M, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. My staff and I strive to make every guest's stay completely enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please keep in mind that you can receive towels any time by calling the front desk. Please know we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.