“Great room and breakfast”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great room and breakfast”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This was a great place to stay. We got the wheelchair assessible room and it was wonderful. It had a kitchen with full size fridge lots of cabinets. Kitchen sink, dining table and bathroom sink were all assessible by wheelchair. Room was clean and nice. Breakfast was good had hot crossaint sandwiches, biscuit and gravy they changed it up a bit every day so you had different choices. Very Very reasonable prices on rooms. restaurants were mostly on other side of freeway but still very close.

Room Tip: Wheelchair assessible rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Cinaberry,
Thank you for you wonderful review. I am glad the accessible room was all you expected and possibly more. In addition, I see you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, we do try to change it some daily so our guest will have a variety. Next time you are in Dayton we hope to see you again, and please introduce yourself.
Aletha Dillinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Columbus
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I just wanted to express my gratitude to the outstading hospitality. Especially Aletha's care and consideration, I will never forget her warm greeting and friendliness. She is A+++++++ in customer service since her outstanding leadership with Perkins in Xenia and Springfield. Aletha, please contact me at obamanemesis@gmail.com.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dear RF,
Thank you for you wonderful compliments. I am so glad you had a great stay! Hope to see you again soon.
Brunswick, Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Arrived at 9pm on a thursday night, parking lot full. Our night was quiet. We were staying here so we would be close to the Air Force Museum on Friday morning. We were in bed within an hour. We turned the furnace on and it smelled like it was the first time it was used for the season. When I sat on the queen bed, it felt like it had only 3 legs. The matress was so bad that it tilted, giving the feeling that the bed would flip over. Both of us woke up with back pain, with one of us having the pain last the weekend. My father slept on the pull out couch, needless to say he did not get a good nights sleep either. The only plus was the free breakfast, not that it was anything special, but better than wasting time at a restaraunt. I think I will pay a little more for a room than having to fight sleep and deal with back pain.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mawdooms
Dear Mawdooms,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to say we have replaced mattresses since your visit and this will be a continual process. I do hope you will come back and give us a second chance. The sofa sleepers are in the process of being replaced also.
Bloomington
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Dated facility. We got the queen and pull out sofa for 4. The queen mattress sagged in the middle. The pull out sheets were clean, but stained. Very good breakfast. Room was clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Robert D,
Thank you for your review. I am happy to say we had new mattress delivered yesterday. I hope next time you are in Dayton you will book with us again.
Illinois
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had a much better experience this year than we had last year. Since we had some problems last year we were given a really good price for our stay this year. We upgraded to the 2 bedroom and were pleased. There was not a tv in the upstairs bedroom but that was not a problem since we were all pretty tired. The room was much cleaner this year and we did not have any problems. The breakfast was a great way to start the day. They had egg patties, hash browns, really good ham and pancakes in addition to danishes, yogurt, waffle makers, boiled eggs, fruit, etc.

As we were checking out I asked if I could purchase a stamp. I was given a stamp and they would not let me pay. Needles to say their customer service is great. Everyone was helpful and professional.

Dear Lenajean,
Thank you for your review. I am glad you gave us a second chance to prove your previous experience is not our standard. We hope to see you again soon,
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have used Priceline to bid on many 3* hotels and have been more than satisfied with the facilities. This hotel is absolutely not a 3 star hotel, it is 2 star at the very most-that's being kind. The property is tired, the parking is far removed from some of the buildings, and the room smelled musty and old. We checked in late and even though we were booked in a no smoking room, the room smelled like smoke. The property was fully booked so no chance of changing rooms. I travel and stay in hotels quite often for business and I try to stay in 3 stars for the quality and cleanliness factor. I hate pet smells, cigarette smoke smell, and other mystery smells, none of which belong in a 3 or 4 star hotel. This place fails on all accounts.

The reviewers that rated the hotel 5*, have me scratching my head. Are they rating the same property that I stayed in? All the furnishings in the room were old and dated. Carpets looked fairly new and pretty clean, but the smells! Not good. Glad I only had to stay in this property for 7 hours-couldn't wait to leave. We won't be staying to eat breakfast no matter how positive some of the other reviewers were.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Tallyho078,
I apologize you did not have a positive experience at our hotel. I would like to hear from you as to the room you stayed in. I know staying in a room that has been smoked in can be unpleasant. We unfortunately cannot control whether a guest smokes in a room but to strive to clean the room thoroughly so there is not a remaining smoke smell. If you can contact me, I will address the issue.
Thank you for taking the time to review our property we welcome all reviews.
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I usually try ago find a good price for a motel but my wife is a stickler for clean room. This motel met both of our criteria. A great price, convenient location, breakfast was fine and clean and tidy. My wife was very pleased with my selection this time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank William L
Dear William L,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that your wife was pleased and hope to see you the next time you are in the area.
I hope you were able to enjoy our hot breakfast buffet while at the hotel.