I've been in Dayton before and it's a nice city with a lot of history. I've never stayed at this hotel before but it's at the top of my list on my next visit there. It's a remodeled older "chalet style" (just made that up but it fits) hotel with several separate small 70's-Colorado-ski-hill-looking buildings making up a little village. I thought it was very cool and to have a full kitchen at this price?! Great deal.
I was surprised at how much I liked this funky cool hotel room. The remodeling seemed to be fairly new with nice carpeting and other finishes. A couple of the kitchen appliances were on the older side, but they worked and the kitchen itself was stocked to the gills with literally everything you could possibly want and usually forget to bring. I was amazed at how much thought the Hawthorn team put into providing absolutely everything a person would need. I could have moved into that room it was so well stocked.
The bathroom was well-stocked as well with high end products and nice, thick towels. Embarrassingly, even nicer and thicker than we have at home. The bed was a weak point in my room (721), unfortunately. It sagged like a hammock, like it was supported only around the perimeter. I've never experienced a bed like that before, it's usually the exact opposite where some of them can be super hard and don't give at all. This one was either past it's due date or the box spring needed some serious help.. I should have mentioned it because the management would typically like to know such things, I regret not mentioning it now. Not to complain what so ever, but just so they know about it.
The breakfast was unreal, one of the best I've ever seen, with eggs, little omlettes, two different kinds of sausages, waffles, fruit (apples, bananas, oranges, honeydew and cantalope), cereals, oatmeal, breads, milk, just about anything you could think of they had it. And, all brand name items, no bargain basement 10 for $1 stuff here. Very, very nice and constantly being refreshed and organized by a super efficient person. They had a great assortment of high-end teas as well, that's rare to see actual brand name teas in a hotel. Nicely done. If you need anything after that breakfast there are numerous restaurants and fast food places close by.
The check in and check out went as smoothly as could be and the women working the front desk were really nice and helpful. I can't say enough about this cool little hotel and am looking forward to returning for a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corporate hotel conveniently located at I-75 and Benchwood Lane offering free high speed internet, complimentary daily hot breakfast, Wednesday evening social hour. We are surrounded by restaurants, shopping and entertainment choices. All suites have a full kitchen and living room area with pull out sofa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Dayton North Ohio