“Good location, great deal”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hotel about 10min from airport. Newest section of all hotels and restaurants. Close to the 3 major highways. Friendly staff, lacked on nothing. Complete kitchen, 4 of evertything. Microwave, stove, full size fridge, toaster, coffee maker, iron and board. They furnished coffee, tea and popcorn !! Pool was appreciated. Saw police cars drive around every night, help feeling of security. Check in was easy and my room was even ready at 1pm when I arrived, thank you !!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tryin2
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to review Hawthorn Suites Dayton! I am glad you were able to enjoy the suite and all the amenities offered. On your next trip come while it is warm outside and you can enjoy the gas grill provided for our guests and take a dip in the pool.
Please be sure to stop by the front desk and say hello on your next trip.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

The outside appearance might need some updating but the quality of rooms, staff, breakfast, and pool is outstanding. We stayed here for three days while visiting family in Ohio and this was a great hotel. Sits right off the highway in a safe locations. Our room was clean and nicely updated. The bed was very comfortable and we even used the little kitchen area one night to make spaghetti. It has a two burner stove, microwave, large refrig and dishwasher plus all your kitchen ware equipment. The staff was always very friendly and greeted you warmly each time you entered and tried to assist you. This has to be one of the nicest free hot breakfast. Each day there was scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, along with french toast, pancakes, biscust and gravy. It was all very good. We enjoyed the use of the pool although the pool towes are very small and then so you need about 2-3 per person to really dry off but the area is kept clean. I would recommend this hotel and will probably use it again next year. This was our second year to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel. So glad you were able to enjoy the pool and the Hot Breakfast Buffet. We look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed May 19, 2011

As the Regional Director of Group Sales was confirming our reservation for 18 Families, she was selling out the hotel to another group. Our first family tried to reserve a room and were told the hotel was sold out. Contacted group reservations immediately, and were told our block of rooms had expired, even though she had just sent an email to confirm our reservation for the next 24 hours. She sent the original confirmation to the wrong email address and she supposedly transposed our telephone number to get a hold of us?? Offered remedy was to send the word "sorry" on our original email confirmation. Filed a complaint with the national office, but as of yet, have not heard back from them. At least our favorite hotel, the Drury, took us in at the promised rate at the last minute. You would think a chain as large as Wyndham, could have at least found our group, alternative reservations at one of their many hotels in the Dayton area. Although the hotel looked nice, we never had the chance to enjoy it. An honest mistake can be forgiven, but outright lies have no business in a chain such as this.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank jtvandjfv
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We had the 2 bdrm, 2 bthrm suite w/ kitchen. It was a great set up and quiet, but the bathroom was very dirty. There were long black hairs covering the bathroom floor. (My hair is red) Brian at the front desk was very nice and helpful and gave us a broom so I could sweep the hair. (there was that much)

Breakfast was ok. It was a hot breakfast and it was free.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2011

Dear Lenajean,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value all opinions and use them to improve our hotel. I do apologize for the housekeeper over looking the bathroom floor. You comments have been addressed and are being used as a training tool. Cleanliness is a top priority to our staff.
Also, Brian thanks you for your kind words.
We hope to see you on your next trip to Dayton and look forward to your stay.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

Arrived very late on a Thurs. Was just off the highway, but a bit of a pain to find. Check in went fine. The woman at the desk was extremely nice. Setup was strange, hadn't ever see this before. Rooms were in about 6 different buildings. Had two rooms and would have liked to have been closer together, but were put in different buildings. Room probably would have been good for a long stay. Had a kitchenette, couch, wifi... Everything was kinda dated. The bed was so-so. Wasn't happy to find a dirty sock on the kitchen floor. Used the pull out bed/couch. Had to move couch and table for room and it was still a squeeze. Sheets could have used a good bleaching, they were thin and grungy. Breakfast was so/so. At checkout... again... the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Dear Winowiski,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. Your issues have been addressed with our staff. The next time you are traveling through the Dayton area call me direct and I will make sure all your needs are met and exceeded, which is always our goal.

Reviewed January 13, 2011

Hawthorn Suites Dayton North was a very nice surprise. I stay in many hotels while traveling for business. I came to Hawthorn expecting the same grind, but was pleasantly surprised but how helpful and attentive the staff is. The rooms have always been clean and neat. The staff has worked with me several times to make sure my stay was comfortable and pleasant. They even follow up with me which no hotel has ever done. I have been so impressed that I no longer use priceline I just call Hawthorn whenever I have to stay in the Dayton/Cincinnati area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2011

Dear aratay27,
Thank you for your time in writing a great review for Hawthorn Suites Dayton North. Our staff prides itself on great service, they will enjoy reading your review. Also, I am glad you have found that we will gladly match any online pricing and you do not have to prepay, or have any problems with changes or cancelations. I hope you are able to enjoy the wonderful hot breakfast buffet we serve every morning. I look forward to meeting you some time in the future when you are at the hotel.

Reviewed January 13, 2011

Everyone at this hotel, from Management to staff, was friendly, accommodating, and did everything possible to make my stay pleasant- from making the reservations to accommodating me with a room that made me comfortable; and their response to requests are prompt and courteous-

The grounds are well maintained, and the rooms are very clean- the continental breakfast isn't bad either- All-in-all, this hotel was an exceptional value, with great service, that is well managed.

Thank you Stacy, Alicia, Jenny, Brian, Bruce, Britney, and Sanjay for a most enjoyable stay.

Daniel P.
Chicago

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Dear Daniel P.,
We appreciate the time you took to write a review of Hawthorn Suites Dayton North. Our staff always strives to make every guest feel special and meet every need. I will be sure to pass along your compliments.
On your next trip to Dayton, I hope you will be able to enjoy the outdoor activities as well. Our out door pool and sports court are always a great way to relax after work.
The front desk staff are available 24 hours a day to make your next reservation