“Unpleasant”

Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
“Unpleasant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in room 127 on Christmas Eve and left Christmas morning. I did not enjoy my stay. Only thing I did enjoy was the TV. There were people every where outside being loud and even a fighting couple! This went on til 3 am. I then had someone beating on my door around 3:20. I have a 7 month old daughter who they woke up. The room next door had a couple who got their freak on for about 45 mins and then kept their tv at a very high volume the rest of the night. There was also a man in a VERY LOUD car who kept coming and going all hours of the night. Before leaving he would sit in it appx 10 mins and rev it up. He also stood outside my window on his cell phone talking loudly and cussing. Vending machines took my money. My door key had to be swiped numerous times before it took. My room smelled of smoke even though they said it was 100% smoke free. The toilet ran all night. The sink had a huge cracked in it. The shower head had build up on it and it barely had enough power to push out 5 streams. Light above my bed was out. There was dust and trash all under my bed. My pillow cases were filthy. There was also trash in the can under the sink. The ac/heat unit had nicotine stains in it and the mirrors had some odd white splatter on them in which I will not question.......... Terrible experience. Will not be staying here anymore. Girl at front desk was nice though.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Maranda S
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to my attention. I am also very sorry for any inconvenience they may have caused you. It is our goal at the Red Roof Inn Dayton North to provide a clean comfortable room so your comments are very important to me. The feedback I receive from you, our valued guest, enables me to target problem area's and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Please, at any time during your stay with any of our Red Roof Inns feel free to call on us at the front desk anytime day or night we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to help with any problems that you may encounter. Thank you again. Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Wooster, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were promised a non-smoking room and as soon as I opened the door I could smell stale tobacco. It smelled like a bar. There was a used wash cloth hanging on the shower curtain and quite a few long hairs in the shower and on the curtain. The light above the bed did not work. We will never stay here again!!

Room Tip: Check it out before you pay!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Katherine C
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear about your stay. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience these situations may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you again for letting us know and we will be looking into each situation. Kind regards
Owensboro, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a newly renovated property. I have stayed at many Red Roofs and they usually have either undergone a complete renovation or none at all. It confuses me that this property is newly renovated but the beds aren't updated like everything else in the room.The one big thing that heavy travelers like me need is a good night's sleep and that bed did not do the trick. Don't get me wrong, all of the updates are nice but the bed sticks out like an ugly face on an otherwise perfect 10...it simply can't be overlooked.

Everything was great...except the bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jerm55555
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We are so very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It is our goal at the Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport to consistently provide superior service and accommodations. I agree wholeheartedly about the beds. It is a big part of our ongoing renovation. We started our renovation at the very end of last year but have systematically been finishing up the details. We are receiving our last shipment of beds this month so the whole property will now be complete with all new beds in addition to the bedding, carpet, draperies an exterior refreshing that we completed by June. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your experience and sincerely hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travels bring you back to Dayton Ohio. Kind regards.
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place is horrible!

I stopped here recently during a trip from Kansas to New York City. I checked in around 1am and was very tired. The room was filthy and the sheets had weird stains and some pubic hairs on the pillow. I also saw used condoms near the sink. I realize some couple had some fun in this room before I got there but why can't the housekeeping staff clean up before new guests arrive? I also had to kill a VERY large spider that was crawling up the wall near my bed. Can't imagine how much of a sting that sucker could have put on me in the middle of the night!

Around 3am while I was deep in slumber I get a very loud knocking at my door. I look through the peephole and it's a woman dressed in a skimpy tank top with miniskirt and high heels. I open the door and she asks if I would like some "company" tonight. I wasn't in the mood for a prostitute but she kept insisting to come inside my room so we could discuss details. After repeatedly saying "no" to her, she finally gave up and knocked on the door next to me! The man next door obviously was in the mood for some companionship that night because then I had to suffer a solid 45 min. of lovemaking noises and hearing the headboard hit against the wall.

My god, what kind of dump is this? Next time I'm just going to sleep in the back of my Toyota on the side of the interstate. At least I'll get some peace and quiet and not be out $65 to this wrecked joint.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Tony_Davidson_1977
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very sorry for any inconvenience, this is absolutely unacceptable. I am so hoping you will give us the opportunity to correct this transgression. We work hard to run a clean, comfortable hotel that is family friendly. We visit with our local police regularly to assure quick responses should someone try to disturb the peace and quiet on our property. Please e-mail me at your earliest convenience i0023@redroof.com. I am not showing a Mr. Davidson registered and just need a little more information. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make this right. Kind regards
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Recently I stayed at your hotel and it was terrible. The room smelled , with hair in the sink, tub, and in the bed. The room television would not work properly with fuzz on every channel after every five to ten minutes. Room was a smoking room with terrible filthy curtains hanging which appeared had been there from 1999 and it was just an overall terrible stay with before leaving I asked the staff to ask you to give me a call as soon as possible. It has been several days and not a phone call or email. Room did not even have room in the bathroom and terrible carpet on the floor with stains.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WorldTraveler19999
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. I have to admit to some confusion regarding your comments. I do see that you travel frequently and had an almost identical post for the travel lodge around the corner from us. Is it possible you may have mistaken your stays? I do not have smoking rooms as we have gone 100% smoke free in the last year as well as all new curtains, bedding, carpet and beds. All of our rooms also have 32" flat screen TV's. Although I was on vacation last week I do not see any notes for a requested return call. I am always happy to talk to my guest and certainly would like to here feedback from you. It is our goal at the Red Roof Inn Dayton North Aiport to consistently provide superior service and accommodations, so your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I can be reached at 937-898-1054 or i0023@redroof.com. Kind regards
BATTLE CREEK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Greeted by Patty, a long time employee. Patty was great: helpful and friendly! The large, recently remodeled king bed room was well designed. Shower was top notch. Even though the hotel was next to I-75, road noise was minimal. No continental breakfast, but Bob Evans was right behind the hotel towards the freeway. Many, many food choices within two miles on Miller Lane, the road the hotel is on. Wal-Mart and Sam's Club (and gas station) right on the Miller;s Lane strip.

Room Tip: Upgrade ($5,on Expedia) to a room with a fridge and micro,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
I would like to thank you for letting us know about your most recent stay with us at the Red Roof inn Dayton North. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and so glad that Patty was friendly and helpful, she is a wonderful employee who truly enjoys what she does. We are looking forward to seening you again when your travels bring you back our way. Kind regards.