“Gnat gomit!”

Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Mason Ohio
“Gnat gomit!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Due to my flight being cancelled I decided to stay near the airport rather than drive back 40 miles. I had my husband drop me off a the Red Roof Inn nearest the airport. You know what they say, you get what you pay for. I didn't pay much, and got just that. My room had gnats flying over the bed and basin. I called the front desk to find out if they had any spray to kill the pest. I was met with no, I don't have anything and I can't do anything about it. It's not always what you say, it's how you say it. When I checked out at 4 am the next morning I told the clerk then, she shrugged her shoulders, I kept it moving. Called the manager three times before I could speak to her about the situation. Might as well kept it to myself and just warned my fellow travellers on line because she all but called me a liar. I know what I saw, I know that I didn't sleep in the bed at all that night, I slept in the desk chair. Because they didn't see them, neither did I. So if you ever have to stay near Dayton Airport or at a Red Roof for vacation, go somewhere else. You won't be BUGGED!

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank SusanE1210
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I wanted to thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so sorry you were not comfortable. I do want you to know we are proactive with our pest control and do have two independent pest control companies one that pretreats monthly for variousy pests and another to inspect for possible pest. Although we did not find any evidence of pest later is does not change your experience. We never want any guest to walk away from our property feeling they did not receive the best value and experience. Please accept my sincere appologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Orwell, Vermont, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We really enjoy coming to Dayton-North Airport. Patty has been always been very helpful when we "pop in" without reservations. She always goes the extra mile, with just a smile and an enjoy your stay.

Thank you have having such great staff available to us the traveling public; it's always nice to feel that you have come home even though home is miles away.

Room Tip: We really enjoy the free internet, refrigerators, microwaves and coffeemakers in the room. Very nic...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport. It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Reston VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is the kind of motel when you want a clean place and good bed for a reasonable price while travelling I-70 or I-75. We thought the nonsmoking room had the vague smell of smoke but the desk clerk willingly made a note that it was not us (there is a huge penalty!!)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to note your comments on Trip Advisor! We appreciate the feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the Dayton, Ohio Area. Kind regards, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We arrived Friday at about 5 PM & checked into our room #142 on the backside of the hotel nearest the interstate. We first viewed two men that were filthy working in an automobile in the parking lot. (RED FLAG!). Next I witnessed a couple cussing and arguing as u was walking my dog. We walked over to the grassy area by Bob Evans. these two individuals proceeded to argue and i finally was walking back to my room when a police car was driving through the parking lot. i was inly a few feet away and i asked the officer if he patriled the parking lot throughout the night and he replied that he did. At that moment the man that was arguing with the lady started yelling that I needed to mind my own business and stay out of theirs along with a bunch of other stuff. The officer got out of his car and spoke with these people. I just walked back to my room. Evidently, this hotel rents rooms on a long term basis to individuals. This guy also stated that he lived their for two years and I was just staying the night with my dog.

This incident was reported to the staff on duty and they did say that this individual had had complaints in the past but that he was a long term tenant. They really made no effort to apologize or move us to another room.

Day TWO SATURDAY, we left the hotel at 6:30. AM to attend the dog show in Troy. We returned to the hotel at 3:30 PM. The same two guys that were outside were out in the parking lot now working on a black pickup truck. Our room had not been cleaned. We were tired and went to the office to ask why it hadn't been cleaned. We asked if it was possible to get two sets of clean towels and possibly get a discount since our room hadn't been cleaned. We were told no discount was possible and that they had until 7 PM TO CLEAN our room although she dud give us the towels. That is absolutely absurd and I've never stayed at a hotel with that policy.

This place had a lot of undesirable people ganging around the parking lot not caring what they fo not who's watching. I would gather that there is prostitution going in as well by viewing done if the ladies coming and going and the manner of dress and stilettos!

We should have found a different hotel from the get go as it is not a safe environment and the staff just doesn't care.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Dawnjmh1
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention. We are also very sorry for any inconvenience they may have caused you. It is our goal at the Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport to consistently provide clean comfortable rooms at a great value, so your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guest enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Kind regards.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just stayed there last week on my way to St. Louis and really liked it's location, price, and nice room. Really was surprised by how nice the room was. I got in really late, 2 a.m., and the checkin was quick -- I did call them about 7:00 p.m. to let them know I was still in PA and gave them a 11:00 p.m. estimated time of arrival. Was very surprised how many great places to eat that were close to this place -- 24 hour steak n shake, red lobster, cracker barrel, outback steak house, hooters, etc. Real close and easy to find from I-70. My only bad experience was that around 3:40 a.m. someone was banging on my door multiple times -- was afraid someone was trying to break in. It stopped when I yelled out but could not get back to sleep for another hour as I was worried they might try again when I was asleep. Will try them again next week on my way back to Washington, DC and write another review then.

Room Tip: Would recommend being on first floor if you have alot of luggage. Also, not all rooms have refrige...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Janet W, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so pleased you recognized us as a good value and place to stay. I am so sorry to hear you were disturbed during the night. Our desk staff is on duty 24/7 please always feel free to call on us anytime during your stay. We are here to help out in any way we can day or night. We are looking forward to your return trip through our lovely city of Dayton. Thank you again for your nice comments.
Flushing, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great choice to stay at! Large, clean rooms and the front desk staff was friendly and welcoming, plus had a good sense of humor! I travel a lot with my dogs and it's always a relief to find a pet-friendly hotel that is clean and so welcoming!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of your most recent stay. We appreciate your comments and most certainly will share them with the team. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you and your pets on your next trip to Dayton.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stay at the red roof inn all the time. The clerk Patty is absolutely awesome. She always has a smile on her face and actually remembers my name. You need more front desk people like her!!! Although there is a clerk there that is very mean and disrespectful. Alyssia she is just mean. she has actually told me that she doesn't like people.She has tried to overcharge me on several occasions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo