“Don't DO IT!!”

Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Detroit, Michigan
“Don't DO IT!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stopped in the area to grab something quick to eat, refuel and continue on to Savannah. I had a flat tire which lead to me spending the night. Never again. I just wanted something cheap & clean. That's it. Cheap this was 50.00 including the taxes..OK. Clean not even close. Bed was clean but obviously cheap. I've slept better on my sofa at home. A/C heating unit had crud stuck in it and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. I sprayed Lysol all over it just to feel comfortable breathing. The room reeked of Febreze or whatever they spray to try to eliminate odors. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Right! It had cigarette burns on the office chair. Shower curtain had stains. Shower had hair in it (several pieces that any maid should have seen) GROSS. Dust on top of the lights stains on the in room safe. A skittle candy on the bathroom floor. Nope never again. I often get made fun of by friends for staying at higher end hotels when I'm away from home. I tried the economy route never again. The Courtyard by Marriott is right down the road from here and double the price but I think clean is worth it as long as you have the cash.

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott or Fairfield Inn down the street like I should have.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank iceman810

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Well because of work I'm at the Inn every weekend and I must say that every time i go there,Melinda,Pat,and the rest of the staff treat me with the utmost courtesy. the rooms are always very well maintained with an endless amount of kindness. Ive never had a problem with anything during my stay.The service at the front desk is professional,friendly,and quick....which really is a good thing when coming in tired from hours of driving.. I will definitely keep going here.. :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Champaign
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I was travelling with my sister July, 2009 to visit friends in Vandalie, OH. We spent 2 nights at The Red Roof Inn on Miller Lane. The room was adequate and we had a pleasant stay. The price was right and we are booked to stay there again Aug. 18-20, this year. Also booked to stay at Red Roof in Cranberry, PA when we leave Dayton. Will let you know.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank randykay10
Roy, Utah
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We were delighted to find a pet friendly place that was nice & clean and didn't stick us in a room near the back where another popular pet friendly chain always does. The staff was very welcoming and didn't treat us like second class citizens just because we have a pet. The rates are very reasonable, beds are comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. This area also has lots of restaurants & shopping close by and very easy access to the freeway. We will definitely stay here again the next time we visit Dayton.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Becky8888
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We are frequent Red roof stayers and hadn't planned on stopping yet but got held up by traffic and decided to call it a night. Check in was friendly and effecient. They gave us some leads on restaurants since it was a busy friday night. The room was recently renovated and was clean and fine. Parking lot became full while we were out for dinner but the stay was quiet and uneventful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank queenoftheneighbourh
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2010

woke at 3am to 'bites', turned on the lamp and
killed 3 in the bed..stayed awake the rest of the
night with the light on.....
of course, thats the first they have ever heard
of that happening.............

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank businesstraveler85
So California
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Basic room with 2 beds. Tiny packets of shampoo that you squeeze out. Air Conditioning/fan are pretty loud but drown out any noise from outside your door where people park.

Internet access in your room is $19.95 per week and was a little difficult to connect by password. You don't plug it in.

Came back to my room at 3:30 p.m. and had not been cleaned. Not vacuumed for 2 days. After I got on them they were there at 8:15 a.m. the next morning to clean it. I did stay 5 nights so expected my room cleaned first.

Bob Evans 3 meals a day, a well known Ohio restaurant just a minute walk.

Staff were nice. Just the basics is what this hotel is about. Convenient to airport.

• Liked — Convenience to airport and family
  • Disliked — Carpet needed replaced.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)