“Hamvention 2014”

Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Dayton
“Hamvention 2014”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Bathroom sink stopped up during whole stay. Vending machines not working and soda machine had different drinks dispensed than selected.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank James H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

My flight was canceled, so I had to find a hotel with a shuttle and all the less expensive places were booked. I was upset, but the Ramada had a couple left, and gave me a small distressed flyer discount. It took the shuttle a bit to get to the airport, but given the distance, I can understand way. The hotel owner himself drove it because they were shorthanded. I did not know that until later. He was very courteous and we had a nice conversation. He is Jewish, I Christian; he showed me pictures of Rome and encouraged me to travel to Jerusalem to experience my history as a Christian.

The check-in was quick and courteous, too. Maybe it helped to treat the manager with respect and courtesy, too.

I expected my room to be horrible because two guys whose flight was also canceled told me to expect on in poor condition—they had checked in before me and passed me on their way to the bar. However, my room was great. No mess, a king bed, TV, comfy chair, clean bathroom. I was in one of the second-floor tower rooms. I don't know what they expected, but I was pleased.

I didn't use the pool, but it looked good. I liked the little arcade. Burned off stress with Ms. Pacman.

Not the best neighborhood, and no close restaurants, but the one inside hotel seemed adequate. Typical hotel restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014
Cincinnati
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've stayed here a few times and I was never happy with any of my stays. It was not this last trip but I did have a trip where I had a mouse in my room. I did inform the staff at the front desk and the maintenance guy was standing there. He said it is about that time of year where they start coming out. The only reason I stay here is because my work won't let us go anywhere else. We have been trying to find new accommodations because no one likes staying at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Phillip K
Travelers also viewed these Dayton hotels
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Comfort Suites Dayton
Comfort Suites Dayton
#19 of 45 in Dayton
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North

Been to The Hotel Dayton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hotel Dayton

Property: The Hotel Dayton
Address: 2301 Wagner Ford Rd, Dayton, OH 45414-5006 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Dayton)
Location: United States > Ohio > Dayton
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Hotel Class:3.5 star — The Hotel Dayton 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hotel Dayton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Dayton