“I would stay here again”

Best Western Plus Dayton South
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
Cincinnati, Ohio
“I would stay here again”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This is not a bad hotel. Very clean, nice newer tvs, hot shower. All of the things you would expect at a decent hotel. The front desk staff is very efficient, there was a small line at check in, but they were able to get through everybody quite quickly. Breakfast is nothing fancy, but it does the job.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Angela P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton South, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear AH78,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I hope with the improvements we are making we can exceed your expectations the next time you visit Dayton! Although this review is positive, we strive to be better that decent. I appreciated your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Englewood
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I recently stayed at the Best Western, Dayton South. The hotel was pretty busy with the area attracting people from all over the world for Dayton's Hamvention.

Despite the hotel being really full, I had the best service and hotel experience that I have had anywhere (and I've stayed at many hotels including other Best Western).

The room was very clean, the pool was refreshing and the staff could not have been any friendlier. The general manager even came out to ask me how I enjoyed my stay. That never happens. I made sure to tell her I would most certainly be back on my way in and out of the area and would very highly recommend this hotel to everyone!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Steph011976,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy you had a great experience and it was a pleasure to accommodate you! See you next time!
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I travel about once a month around Kentucky, Ohio and Indiana. This hotel was nice and clean with none of the "odor" that many hotels have. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was nice, warm and stocked. There was no waiting on food to be cooked or being out of hot items; not to mention the hot menu was different each morning, certainly a plus.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Myrtle B,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! As an all non-smoking property we pride ourselves in the environment we can provide our guests. I am glad you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! See you next time!
Burton, Michigan
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Traveling for business in Dayton and chose the Best Western Plus. Did not go wrong. Very nice, clean, newly renovated room for a very good price. Clean common areas, wifi in room. One of the better hotels in the area.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear JasonV42033,
Thank you so much for your review! You pointed out all of the most important features in just a few sentences. Short and sweet! I am glad we were your choice and I hope we continue to be!
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed here for one night when on business to Dayton, Ohio. I arrived quite late (after 10pm) and tired after a flight from the UK and a long drive from Chicago and the receptionist was very nice and was extra quick in checking me in so I could get to my room (Room No. 401).

The room was clean and nicely appointed with nice lighting, LG LCDTV, AC that worked well, fridge, ironing facilities, sofa, coffee table, desk and chair. The in room WiFi worked fine and the king sized bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious, clean and the towels were white and fluffy... The only odd thing was there was no plug / stopper for the sink and so no way to fill it with water when having my morning shave?

My room rate (US$81) did include breakfast buffet but as I was meeting a friend for breakfast near the office I was visiting I did not take breakfast at the hotel. However from what I saw and smelt as I checked out it looked perfectly fine.

All in all a very good value comfortable stay and I would certainly stay here again if needing to stay in the Dayton, Ohio locality.

I stay in a lot of Best Western hotels around the USA (I am a Diamond Rewards Card Holder) and this is one of the better one's I have stayed in.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 401 which was very nice and at the end of the corridor, so it was a bit of a walk f...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Roberts69,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review! You did a great job of painting a picture for future guests. I hope we get to see you again!
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel is located in an area with several nice restaurants close by and a very short distance to good shopping. The free breakfast was nice but not great. I would of given another star except for a couple of things that should be taken care of. The staff at the hotel, were nice, however, they all seem to take their smoke breaks on the porch outside the rear door where the majority of the parking is located. Being a non-smoker, I didn't appreciate having to walk through the smoke to get to my car. Also, there was lots of cigarette butts on the ground near the porch. One of days for the morning breakfast, they had no pepper for the eggs and they also ran out of butter. When I asked if they had any, the excuse was a busy weekend. That is a lousy excuse. They should of taken inventory and that would not have been a problem. The room itself was very comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Angela P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dayton South, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear jagoodbar,
I am glad you found us to be a good location for you. I appreciate your comments about our staff smoking. Since your comment they have been moved to the far end of the parking lot by the dumpsters. As well we are buying new ashtrays and advising our guests that do smoke to go to designated areas away from entrance doors. But trust me this is being addressed. I am also truly sorry about the items we ran out of. At least your room was enjoyable! I do want you to know all comments are reviewed and systems implemented to fix the issues. I am a fairly new GM here. I just came at the end of April. So truly do appreciate all feedback! Thank you again!!
dayton, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2014

excellent service from staff. very clean and well maintained. enjoyed our stay very much. will go back in the future. staff was very friendly and helpful. the rooms had everything we needed and was quiet away from heavy traffic

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Robert S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am happy my staff treated you well and you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the perfect location! Close to everything but far enough the city does not interrupt or inconvenience your stay. We hope you come back in again soon!! Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dayton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Hampton Inn Dayton/Dayton Mall
SpringHill Suites Dayton South/Miamisburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton South
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dayton South

Been to Best Western Plus Dayton South? Share your experiences!