I stayed here on 3 separate occasions over parts of 2 weeks.
First and foremost I was really impressed with the marketing strategy of Sandy in the sales department. She visited my construction jobsite several times and it resulted in multiple bookings. She did a fantastic job.
The hotel, although quite dated, had many of the comforts of home including in room refrigerators, microwaves, a nice TV, a comfortable bed and a desk to do work. The wireless network was fantastic. The breakfast was fantastic (scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, sausage gravy, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, pastries, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, juices, etc.) and it starts at 4 am! There were vending & ice machines next to the lobby area as well. Two nights during the week they offer dinner. One of the nights I was there the hotel had lasagna, salad & breadsticks from Olive Garden.
The hotel also offers an in ground outside pool as well as a fitness center, neither of which I used during my stay.
I mentioned the hotel is dated; the rooms were fairly cramped the decor was pretty old. I was told that it will be thoroughly renovated beginning this October.
There are many, many nearby restaurants in this highly developed area. Upon your arrival you receive some discounts to some of the local eateries.
The price was outstanding for the value. You also receive full Marriott Rewards points.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to others, be it for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travelers and aviation fans alike, the Red Lion Inn & Suites in Dayton is here to help you relax and recharge during your travels. With ample amenities and features, like daily HOT breakfast buffet & free airport shuttle, we ensure that your stay is comfortable and a great value. Our friendly staff is ready to help with any questions or concerns, and our accommodations provide you with soft beds for sweet dreams. Centrally located on I-75, one mile south of I-70 and just 10 minutes from Dayton International Airport, our prime location is convenient to downtown, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, the National Museum of the US Air Force, and Wright State University. History buffs will enjoy easy access to Carillon Historical Park and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park. If you’re bringing friends along, our group room rates are the best value option, and our pet-friendly hotel welcomes your four legged. familymembers too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn Dayton North Hotel Dayton
- Fairfield Dayton
- Dayton Fairfield Inn
- Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton Ohio